Project Manager, Retail Sales Operations
The Project Manager, Retail Sales Operations is responsible for owning and leading a diverse range of technology, data, business process and human change programs and projects within Mars Wrigley US Retail. These will combine to elevate, sharpen, and optimize the way that the Mars Wrigley US Retail team works, the tools they use and, in turn, delivers heightened effectiveness, efficiency, and ROI over the coming years. An integral member of the Retail Operations Team, this high-profile role with interact on a day-to-day basis across a broad base of senior internal stakeholders, a functionally diverse range of external partners, our Mars global teams and a range of vendors and service providers.What are we looking for?
What would be your key responsibilities?
- Bachelor’s Degree, MBA Preferred
- 5+ years of experience in program, project, and/or technology management
- Demonstrated application of this experience in a Sales environment
- Highly data literate and analytical with strong experience synthesizing large, complex data sets and turning it into actionable insights (shipment, offtake, in-store, scan, syndicated and financial raw data and analytics)
- Able to motivate others and hit aggressive deadlines while delivering against a multi-pronged technology and behavior change agenda with a large user base
- Demonstrated ability to sell ideas, concepts, and programs internally and externally
- Experience working cross-functionally, managing internal and external providers, while managing a diverse group of stakeholders
- Strong business acumen, planning, communication, facilitation, and presentation skills
- Fixed/overheads expense budget management, planning and tracking
What can you expect from Mars?
- Project leadership for Retail of all aspects of our upcoming image recognition pilot, followed by leading its subsequent deployment, acting as a key partner for our Category team, vendors, and IT organizations
- Operational and executional ownership of our Retail technology suite, program ownership of our roadmap, including performance and development of existing tools and vendor partnership – including but not limited to ARTS Touch, supporting analytics platforms, SCOPE, SPOT, Workflow Portal, and future innovations
- Project lead for Retail Gamification – ownership of our strategy, tools, alignment, deployment, and measurement roadmap
- Mars Wrigley US data Lake owner/lead for Retail – strategy, management, stakeholder communication and partner interaction
- Lead Retail partner for Global Route to Market IT team
- Bring thought leadership to Mars Wrigley US Retail in the technology space, through internal and external collaboration, industry events and share groups
- Act as a co-owner of elements of Capabilities content and roadmap where they directly intersect technology and analytics (with Retail Training & Capabilities Manager)
- Executional responsibility for Retail Budgets - management of day-to-day tasks with non-broker budgets including T&E, professional fees, and other overheads
- Executional responsibility for non-broker POs and invoicing - management of PO creation, invoicing management, approval, and tracking
- Completing special projects as assigned by the Retail Operations Director and the Senior Manager, Retail Strategy, in partnership with whom this role undertakes most of its day-to-day projects and to whom this role has a strong dotted line
- Work with over 130,000 diverse and talented Associates, all guided by The Five Principles.
- Join a purpose driven company, where we are striving to build the world we want tomorrow, today.
- Best-in-class learning and development support from day one, including access to our in-house Mars University.
- An industry competitive salary and benefits package, including company bonus.
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.