The Director of Sales Operations will play a critical role in streamlining our sales processes, driving efficiency, and maximizing revenue growth. This individual will work closely with the sales team, marketing, operations, and other key stakeholders to develop strategies, implement tools, and analyze sales performance metrics.
- Sales Process Optimization: Reinforce and refine existing processes to improve sales productivity. Identify bottlenecks in the sales process and develop solutions to enhance productivity and efficiency. Review and refine current workflows to simplify how sales interact with SFDC. Ensure that our processes effectively support our customer’s urgent needs. Effectively document and publish processes to ensure business continuity, ready new hires faster, and increase business partner awareness.
- Sales Forecasting & Reporting: Lead accurate sales forecasting and reporting efforts to provide sales and executive leadership with actionable insights. Publish and maintain KPI dashboards. Routinely analyze and synthesize for the sales leadership team with recommended actions. Provide standard and ad hoc sales forecasting and sales reporting capabilities for the entire sales team.
- Quota & Sales Compensation: Lead and partner with sales leadership and finance to ensure fair, timely, and documented quota setting. Drive sales compensation design changes working cross functionally with finance.
- Account Planning: opportunity, and business reviews. Establish consistent tools and cadence to support account planning, deal reviews, and pipeline reviews. Facilitate or support local or business-unit-specific operational cadences with sales leaders that promote sales force productivity and commercial performance, such as deal, forecast, and pipeline reviews or monthly and quarterly business reviews.
- Budget Management: Develop and manage the sales operations budget, ensuring efficient allocation of resources.
- Performance Analysis: Monitor and analyze sales performance metrics, providing insights and recommendations to enhance results.
- Territory and Capacity Planning: Lead annual territory and quarterly capacity planning by partnering with business operations, marketing, and finance. Influence and drive sound decisions and strategy by operating as a thought partner to the go-to-market leadership team on business drivers, e.g., coverage model, customer segmentation, quota-setting, rep productivity, territory planning, and unit economics.
- Dealer Data Maintenance: Maintain critical dealer data (master dealer list & maps, dealer territories, dealer discount and flooring plans and dealer onboarding process)
- Operating Rhythm: Develop and establish a high-quality, predictable and repeatable cadence of forecasting, rhythm of business reviews and strategic planning to help the company discover insights and drive accountability for all “run-the-business” actions.
- Rules of Engagement: Maintain, enforce, and arbitrate rules of engagement across all ATW sales teams to reduce complexity for our customers and execute consistently.
- Tools & Technology: Drive the adoption of invested sales technology through advocacy and seller enablement while providing a feedback loop for improvements and future needs from frontline users. Ensure efficient, effective, and governed deal management processes across internal stakeholders (e.g., finance, legal, HR, order processing) that drive profitable business. Partner closely with GTM Systems and IT.
- Collaboration: Work cross-functionally with marketing, finance, and product teams to align sales strategies and initiatives.
- Manage and develop a world class Sales Operations strategy that aligns with the overall business objectives and drives revenue growth.
- Oversee sales support functions including pricing management, discount and deal approvals, and channel sales POS and rebate process.
- Attract, empower, retain, and develop the talent we need to accomplish the above
Education – Experience Required
- 5+ years of experience in sales operations
- Bachelor’s degree in business, Sales, or a related field
- Proficient in CRM systems (e.g., Salesforce)
- Strong analytical, organizational, and project management skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal abilities
- Ability to lead and motivate a team
- Deep understanding of sales processes and strategies, particularly in wholesale to retail channel
- A proven track record of driving successful sales operational initiatives