The Director of Sales Operations will be responsible for leading, building and driving a Sales Operations team to support achievement Sales and Business goals. The role forms part of the commercial operations organization which is tasked with building a scalable high-performance Sales organization. The role reports to the VP of Sales Operations and will work locally with the sales managers and Sales VPs to help drive their strategic business planning and growth initiatives while executing on the company’s sales methodology, processes and productivity tools.Key Responsibilities
Essential Skills, Qualifications, And Experience
- Leading and managing regional sales operations functions
- Strategic planning such as territory planning and quota assignment.
- Developing and delivering key performance metrics.
- Utilizing and implementing comprehensive pipeline reports to track opportunities
- Administering, managing, analyzing, and reporting sales forecasting and production
- Modification of the annual Compensation Plan to align to annual sales goals.
- Ensuring compliance and enforcement of core financial controls such as discounting, order submission, renewals, and compensation plan sign-off, etc.
- Driving the roll-out and adoption of the sales methodology, processes and tools that support the selling process and improvement of Customer Experience
- Responsible for performance management of the team to include target setting and their professional development.
- Forecast and track sales performance to identify trends and opportunities.
- Provide training and support to the sales team to ensure they have the tools and resources they need to be successful.
- Develop a roadmap to drive operational efficiencies and user engagement.
- Manage the day-to-day responsibilities and performance of the team's operation capacity.
- Proactively communicate best practices and ideas promoting continuous customer success
- Proactively provide trends of customer issues to the team with quantified business impact
- Pursue excellence in the user experience across all customer touchpoints.
- Champion technology initiatives in partnership with IT team.
- Be responsible for building, coaching, and mentoring a growing Sales Operations function.
- Work with leadership and other functions to support the customer success strategic planning to meet company objectives.
- The Sales Operations Team works cross-functionally orchestrating results across customer functions and interlocks with GTM (Sales, Marketing, Alliances), Product and Engineering, HR, and Finance.
- B2B (SaaS) experience
- 10+ years of relevant operations experience
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Management, or related field
- Experience in roles with a focus on process optimization and efficiency
- Exceptional data driven and analytical problem-solving skills to include in-depth experience in sales operations technology stack
- Excellent ability to proactively communicate both internally and externally
- Strong financial accountability and control
- Passion for the customer experience and all things digital
- Proven ability to make sound business decisions, including identifying gaps or business needs and developing high impact solutions in collaboration with multiple stakeholders
- Travel as required
We’re fast thinking. We go big to reach our cyberattack-disrupting goals. And we do what we need to protect the world of business from getting important (and potentially compromising) data stolen. We never leave anyone behind. We deliver quickly – and outstandingly. We’re big on honesty because it makes us better. We’re empowered by our mission. And if cybercriminals have a good day, we work twice as hard to make the rest of their days a nightmare. That’s The Mimecast Way.
And the Mimecast way is also a hybrid-working way. We empower our people to balance their time between home and the office in a way that works best for them, their team, and our stakeholders.
Become a Mimecaster and put corporate data under your protection. Fill our teams with respect. And bring cybercrime-obstructing energy to your work. Be passionate. Be powerful. Be alive with purpose.DEI Statement
Cybersecurity is a community effort. That’s why we’re committed to building an inclusive, diverse community that celebrates and welcomes everyone – unless they’re a cybercriminal, of course.
We’re proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, and we’d encourage you to join us whatever your background. We particularly welcome applicants from traditionally underrepresented groups.
We consider everyone equally: your race, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, ability, marital status, nationality, or any other protected characteristic won’t affect your application.
If you require any adjustments or accommodations due to a disability, or any other reason that may help you in your interview process, please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.Due to certain obligations to our customers, an offer of employment will be subject to your successful completion of applicable background checks, conducted in accordance with local law.