The Chief Revenue Officer – Aesthetics will be responsible for creating, implementing, and managing the aesthetic revenue mix for the portfolio MedSpa facilities. Additionally, they will be responsible for benchmarking and setting financial and operational targets by region for all facilities within the platform. This position will be directly responsible for using financial and operational data to drive facility operating and financial outcomes. The ideal candidate for this role will have a strong financial background, with the finesse to communicate complex topics to clinical and operational staff members.
Moonlit Bay Ventures is creating a new MedSpa management services organization that will pride itself on creating an operational platform that makes the day-to-day responsibilities of facility owners simple and easy, allowing them to focus entirely on patient care, while at the same time optimizing facility revenue. This position will have a vital role in the development and advancement of the company’s strategic plan. Additionally, this position will be an ambassador for the brand and have responsibilities for product and services promotions outside the clinic. Lastly, we are looking for an entrepreneurial individual who is not afraid to roll up their sleeves and assist in the development of an industry changing platform.
- At least 5 years of direct experience in the MedSpa industry.
- Strong knowledge of aesthetic facility revenue and profit drivers.
- Previous experience working in management consulting and/or executive MedSpa leadership experience preferred.
- Ability to develop ideal service and revenue mix for the portfolio facilities, to meet desired operating and financials metrics.
- Ability to analyze service level profitability.
- Experience benchmarking facility metrics to other facilities within portfolio.
- Desire to work in an entrepreneurial environment and assist in all areas of growth.
- Experience communicating directly with facility owners / managers.
- Ability to communicate complex topics in laymen's terms to staff and patients.
- Strong soft skills to include personable, reachable, not arrogant, with an ability to easily communicate directly with members of the operations team and patients.
- Deep understanding of healthcare patterns and trends.
- Strong passion for preventative healthcare, including but not limited to aesthetics, skincare, injectables, and IV therapy.
- Basic computer skills, that include a proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point.
- Create optimal menu of products and services based on market demand and revenue and profit targets.
- Utilize the aggregated data to create financial and operating dashboards that will be relayed directly to portfolio facility owners/managers.
- Benchmark individual facility metrics to broader MSO portfolio and to broader industry targets.
- Create and maintain a product and services blueprint (driven by profitability and patient demand) that will be utilized by all new and existing portfolio facilities.
- Communicate financial and operating data directly to portfolio facility owners/managers.
- Aggregate portfolio financial and operating metrics and communicate performance to c-suite and board.
- Work across interdepartmental teams on all strategic projects to drive overall platform growth.
- Continue to innovate and refine systems to create an industry leading model.
- Stay up to date on changes within the industry and bring new ideas to the management team.
- Work collaboratively with the rest of the company’s team.
- Promote products and services outside of the clinic.
- Meet company operational and financial goals.
- The job description is not designed to cover or provide a complete listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the role. Roles and responsibilities may change at any time to meet the needs of the company.
Primary responsibility will be in the clinic working directly with staff and patients. There may be times when this individual is asked to perform duties outside of the direct clinic location.
While performing the duties of this role, the individual is required to talk to patients and hear from patients. This employee will be responsible for using their hands to engage in their duties of the role. This individual may sometimes be required to stand, sit, twist, reach with their arms, lift objects, climb, balance, stoop, kneel or crawl. This individual may be required to lift objects up to 25 pounds. This individual will need to be able to meet vision requirements that include, but are not limited to reading reports, walking through hallways, greeting patients, presenting written materials, and focusing on specific objects.