Why should I apply?
You will be the main gatekeeper for new customers coming into the business.
The role is there to streamline the journey between signing up with SEBL and going live, dealing with everything in between, such as overcoming objections, information requests, commission enquiries and customer enquiries pre-live.
How will I spend my time in this role?
- Validate paper contracts which are submitted via our sales portal;
- Take phone calls from our broker channel and customers, dealing with a range of enquiries;
- Answer emails in our online system;
- Be adaptable to change as the industry is fast moving with changes occurring daily to our acceptance policy or prices;
- Investigate sign up issues and overcome registration issues;
What skills/experience do I need to be successful?
- Experience of working in a fast-paced customer contact environment;
- Good written and verbal communication;
- Confident and able to objection handle;
- Team work and collaboration is vitally important, but also to be able to work alone if given certain tasks.
What else do we offer?
- The opportunity to work from anywhere in the world for up to 30 days a year;
- A genuine commitment to smarter working – we recognise your work/life balance matters;
- Paid time off to volunteer in your community;
- Excellent benefits package including private medical insurance/dental cover and 10% non-contributory pension from month three;
Check out all our benefits here
What does hybrid working mean to us?
Hybrid working typically means 2 days in the office location listed on this advert and 3 days working at home each week. Some occasional travel to our other offices may be required.
What happens next?
Once we receive your CV it will be reviewed by a human– no bots here!
The average process once we receive your application takes around 2-3 weeks with typically 2 stages of video interviews using Teams – however this can change depending on the role (we may invite you to see us face to face or just need 1 video interview).
If you need any support you can see who to contact in our Recruitment Team on the advert – any questions please just let us know.
Get to know us better....
The future of energy is digitised, decarbonised and localised. At Smartest Energy, we need revolutionary thinkers to help our customers make the most of this new landscape, thinking differently to find smart solutions to complex problems.
Formed in 2001, we’re an agile business driven by entrepreneurial thinking. As a subsidiary of the Marubeni Corporation, we also have strong investment and infrastructure behind us. We have three offices in the UK, one in the US and another in Australia. Further expansion is planned for 2023 and beyond which means global career opportunities for you, with plenty of potential to explore new markets.
When you join our Team, you will have the opportunity to contribute and make an impact every single day.
Celebrating our inclusive and diverse culture is core to what we do. We value everybody irrespective of background, disability, religion, gender identity, sexuality or ethnicity.
We know that for our business to thrive we need diverse talent with a range of backgrounds, skills and capabilities in each of the countries in which we operate. We view diversity as one of the key enablers that helps our business to grow.
Check out all our current open positions