Hi there! We are Cheqroom, but we’ll talk about us later... today is all about you! We’re opening a new position for a VP of Sales to join our leadership team! 🚀
What you will be doing
As VP of Sales, you will be a key team member of our leadership team, in driving the company's financial success by collaborating directly with the CEO - Vincent Theeten. Leading the Sales team as well as collaborating with different teams, you will work on cross-functional initiatives, aligning strategic objectives, and ensuring smooth execution to maximize revenue growth.
As a sales leader, you will serve as a strategic resource for the business, working very closely with finance, legal, product, engineering, marketing, and leadership to surface sales opportunities, translate those opportunities into action, and partner to hit our sales goals.
- Assist and coach Account Executives and Sales Development Representatives in all phases of the
- selling process to achieve agreed-upon targets and performance metrics.
- Create accountability by developing KPIs and coordinating compensation and promotions with
- these metrics.
- Collaborate with Marketing, Customer Success, Product, and Engineering to accelerate sales
- cycles, and generate and close new sales opportunities, including upsells and cross-sells to
- existing customers
- Develop a global strategy to create new opportunities with our ideal customers. Your focus should be on enhancing productivity and modernizing tactics and strategies to engage brands. This includes leveraging new technologies, improving communication tactics, developing social engagement strategies, motivating the team, and more.
- Oversee all aspects of sales operations.
- Gather market feedback from prospects and customers on product needs and communicate
- that information to the CEO and the Product team.
- Initiate, develop, and maintain executive-level relationships, and drive sales activities with key
- Understand target customers’ needs, help develop proposals, and accurately articulate value
- Assist in closing complex transactions and be willing to get into the trenches with the team
- Work closely with the leadership team to shape and carry out strategic initiatives.
- Use strong analytical skills to make business decisions and support operational teams.
- Foster a culture of excellence, accountability, and a can-do attitude.
- Actively adhere to the company's security practices and policies.
Are you the one?
- 10+ years of B2B SaaS Software Sales experience
- 5+ years of Sales leadership
- Experience selling B2B SaaS to geographies outside of the U.S.
- Proven ability to sell to large strategic customers.
- History of overachieving targets in a SaaS market-leading technology.
- You can think "big picture," identifying strategic direction while also being prepared to dive in and create solutions that support sales growth and efficiency. You possess excellent attention to detail, and leadership skills, and enjoy collaborating with sales teams to address their most pressing challenges.
- Demonstrated ability to continuously increase the effectiveness of a team, recognizing opportunities
- for creating new systems, structures, and processes.
- Experience in managing a remote team and collaborating with colleagues across different time zones using tools such as Slack, Notion, etc.
- Demonstrated experience building a collaborative environment between Sales, Marketing, Product and Engineering
- Experience in initiating and scaling an outbound motion from the ground up
- Based in New York, with the ability to visit the office (WeWork Dumbo Brooklyn) at least once a week
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Highly organized, capable of meeting deadlines and prioritizing tasks
- Experience in managing multiple stakeholders, including acting as a trusted business partner and facilitating Board-level and investor discussions
- Excellent communication skills are crucial. You manage to maintain transparent and concise communication with all stakeholders. Proven commercially sound judgment and excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Ability to thrive in a challenging and flexible environment with a range of tasks
- Partnering with and supporting a leadership team to drive results with empathy, judgment, and accountability
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken
Bonus point if you
- Know your way around Product-Led Growth (PLG) strategies and can speed up sales processes like a pro.
- Have a history of leading innovative pricing and packaging experiments with great results.
- Set up and nailed an outbound sales strategy before.
- Worked with teams based in Europe and are a natural at cross-cultural communication.
Why should you join us?
We are a fast-moving scale-up with offices in the beautiful city of Ghent (Belgium), and lively New York.
Joining Cheqroom is joining a highly motivated and inspiring team of colleagues who are happy to take you on this rollercoaster of challenges and experiences! We think outside the box and welcome everyone!
We top it with:
- Competitive compensation (base salary: $140K - $200K) with the position’s requirements. In a performance-based environment, this will include base salary, bonus structure based on corporate qualitative and quantitative strategic KPIs, and a stakeholder position in the Company.
- Benefits package including 20 days of PTO, reimbursement of commute expenses, insurance package (Health - Dental - Vision) and 401K retirement with company match
- Flexibility. We work on a hybrid model,
- Work from abroad 🌍 (The world is your oyster! Get your bags ready because you will have 6 weeks to work remotely)
- Proper tools so you can do your work properly, without frustration (laptop, phone, and all the usual)
- and a great company culture where you will feel right at home! 🚀
Last (but not least) who are we?
Cheqroom is the number-1 equipment-management software, and we are getting ready to further scale globally.
Our mission? Let makers make!
We make equipment management delightfully simple for companies like Netflix, Google, Fox Sports, EA, NBC, ESPN, … We help them to stay on top of their inventory by digitizing the entire process through an intuitive and collaborative software solution that saves both time and money. Allowing them to focus on their passion to create.
*Diverse teams build better products An asterisk you'll want to read
We know for a fact that women, people of color, and minorities, in general, are not likely to apply for a job they only feel 70% qualified for. We're here to tell you that you are, in fact, enough, and strongly encourage you to be confident and to submit your application either way. You've got this.
We know the confidence gap and imposter syndrome can get in the way of meeting amazing candidates, so please don’t hesitate to apply — we’d love to meet you!