As the Director of Revenue Operations, you will be a key leader and partner for the overall productivity and effectiveness of the revenue organizations, working closely with Origami’s GTM teams to drive initiatives and growth. You will manage all revenue and sales operations functions for Origami across both operating Divisions, working across all Revenue Teams (Sales, Account Management, Marketing, Client Success) as well as cross-functionally (Service, Legal, Finance, Product) to drive business efficiencies and strategic analysis. This role will be based in our Chicago office.
Origami Risk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We thrive and benefit from diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive and equitable environment for all employees. We do not discriminate against any individual based upon race, religion, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, color, sex, national origin, age, marital status, military or veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Strategy, Analytics, and Reporting:
- Establishes a robust analytics framework to provide insights into essential revenue metrics, customer behaviors, and market trends.
- Utilizes data-driven methods to identify patterns and trends, enabling proactive revenue optimization strategies.
- Manages stakeholder relationships for standardized reporting packages to enhance communication of KPIs.
- Analyzes dashboards and reports, offering explanatory narratives on lead generation, conversion, and pipeline trends. Escalates risks where necessary.
- Ensures report accuracy and relevance, adapting them as needed to meet stakeholder requirements.
- Develops and maintains Origami's demand generation and sales data models for accurate and effective reporting.
- Collaborates with sales and product teams to evaluate and improve pricing models, ensuring alignment with market trends and competition.
- Implements data-driven lead assignment rules that consider factors like lead source, territory, and expertise, enhancing conversion rates and response times.
- Ensures lead routing strategies are aligned with team goals and revenue targets, maximizing opportunities for successful conversions.
- Analyzes customer feedback, historical data, and market research to propose data-driven pricing strategy adjustments for maximum revenue potential.
- Works closely with sales leadership to define, optimize, and develop data-driven approaches to territory assignments.
- Monitors and adjusts territory plans as the company expands into new markets or geographies.
- Ensures compensation structures align with revenue objectives.
- Develops strategies to optimize the renewal process, ensuring smooth customer experiences and increased retention rates.
Process and Enablement:
- Collaborates with all revenue-generating teams to understand current processes and lead improvements across GTM organizations.
- Partners across all GTM teams to optimize lead routing processes, scoring, and workflows.
- Implements standardized processes through cross-functional collaboration, ensuring seamless cooperation between revenue teams (Marketing, Sales, Account Management) and other Origami departments (Finance, Legal, Service).
- Develops data-driven processes to optimize pipeline and deal flows to maximize financial outcomes.
- Implements mechanisms to monitor pricing effectiveness and propose adjustments as needed.
- Identifies marketing and sales process inefficiencies, designing streamlined workflows for enhanced operational efficiency.
- Oversees the revenue forecasting process, ensuring accurate and reliable prediction of future revenue streams.
- Collaborates closely with sales leadership and finance to integrate forecasting methodologies, align assumptions, and validate forecasted figures.
- Facilitates training and change management programs to equip sales teams with knowledge for success.
- Collaborates closely with the Business Operations Team to optimize the CRM system (Salesforce) and other sales enablement tools; ensure alignment with revenue operations goals and effective support for sales and marketing processes.
- Takes ownership and establishes processes across teams to ensure data accuracy and integrity.
- Manages performance and overall team success for all functions within the revenue operations team.
- Responsible for OKR expectations for direct reports and associated team members, additional training, and colleague growth opportunities.
- Performs team member reviews, evaluations, and compensation processes.
- 8+ years relevant experience in operational management in a fast-paced environment.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university; Master's degree a plus.
- Proven experience in revenue operations, sales operations, or related roles; experience in the software industry a significant plus.
- Ability to formulate short, mid, and long-term plans to achieve business objectives.
- Excellent leadership skills with the ability to lead cross-functional teams.
- Previous experience partnering across organizations and within Operations teams to successfully reach business objectives and execute strategic plans.
- Exceptional communication skills for collaboration with senior management and stakeholders.
- Ability to foster the development of high-performance teams.
- Possesses strong analytical skills and the ability to interpret complex data for strategic decision-making.
- Demonstrated process improvement experience with strong analytical, communication, and time management skills.
Who We Are
Origami Risk is a leading provider of integrated SaaS solutions for risk management, insurance, safety, and compliance. We've designed our single-platform, cloud-based software to be easily configurable to meet the needs of insured corporate and public entities, brokers and risk consultants, insurers and MGAs, third party claims administrators (TPAs), risk pools, and more. To fulfill our singular focus of helping our clients achieve their business objectives, our software is supported by a best-in-class service team of experienced risk, insurance, and safety professionals who have an ideal balance of industry knowledge and technological expertise.
Since its founding in 2009, Origami Risk has received more than two dozen awards for service excellence, technology innovation, and workplace culture. In addition to inclusion in Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500™, a ranking of the 500 fastest-growing tech companies in North America, Origami Risk also has been repeatedly recognized by Inc. magazine as one of the “Best Places to Work” and Best and Brightest® Companies To Work For in the Nation by the National Association for Business Resources (NABR).