Tierra Biosciences, a venture capital backed life science company, has pioneered a novel high-throughput protein production platform that produces hundreds of custom proteins on-demand faster than others can make just one. We use cell-free synthetic biology to bring the power and throughput of genomics technologies into protein production. Our diverse range of customers engage in the creation of pioneering products in therapeutics, chemistry, biotechnology, agriculture, and food. At Tierra Biosciences, we play a pivotal role in expediting our customers' scientific exploration, enabling them to swiftly transform ideas into market-ready, life-changing innovations.
We are looking for a Vice President of Sales to play a pivotal role in driving the growth and success of Tierra’s product revenue goals. This dynamic leadership position emphasizes strategic sales leadership to expand our market presence, expand global sales, develop key accounts, and maximize revenue growth.Requirements
- Own and drive global sales efforts across all products
- Meet or exceed quarterly revenue targets established with the CEO and approved by the board
- Develop and execute a comprehensive sales strategy aligned with the company's objectives to achieve revenue targets and market expansion.
- Rapidly recruit and hire a high-performing sales team including Account Development Reps (inside sales), Field Sales Representatives, and Sales Operations
- Develop and implement effective sales strategies and distribution channels to maximize revenue and market penetration.
- Develop and implement a sales process, sales operations workflow and sales training in partnership with Product leadership to ensure efficient and effective team performance and operations
- Own management of the company’s CRM system and ensure that real-time forecasting is automated and accurate
- Establish individual team member goals and ensure accountability for goal attainment; ensure team members properly utilize reporting mechanisms to achieve forecast accuracy.
- Manage, train and coach sales team members on a team and individual basis to improve sales and business skills, eliminate sales bottlenecks, and maintain and improve team culture
- Monitor and report on relevant metrics and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), with an understanding of key drivers, data/analytics, market trends, and customers’ needs.
- Provide regular sales forecasts, performance reports, and market insights to the executive team to inform decision-making and drive business growth
- Represent Tierra and operate as a senior sales leader as needed for high value presentation, trade shows, seminars, and webinars, and/or as required to meet sales objectives
- Act as the strategic commercial voice across the organization, providing a clear direction, enthusiasm, encouragement, and motivation to team members
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant life science field with 15+ years experience; advanced science degree and MBA preferred
- Proven experience in a senior leadership role within the life science industry, with a strong focus on leadership of sales teams
- Experience selling custom synthetic biology products to diverse customer segments including pharmaceutical and biotech customers
- Record of accomplishment of and closing large revenue transactions and building key accounts within the life science industry
- Record of accomplishment of successfully achieving and exceeding sales targets
- Exceptional leadership and team management skills
- Strong analytical, strategic, and problem-solving abilities
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Ability and willingness to travel as required
- Excellent dynamic leadership skills with the ability to motivate and develop teams
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Excellent presentation skills
- Ability to align diverse stakeholders towards common company-wide goals
- Experience working with global teams and managing sales in multiple geographies
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills to collaborate with stakeholders at all levels
- Proficient in advanced MS Office skills (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc.)
- High level of integrity and ethical conduct
Tierra offers highly competitive salaries and benefits, including medical, dental, and vision insurance, paid time off, and 401(k). Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We are not able to sponsor individuals for employment visas for this job. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire. This position is based in our San Leandro, CA location.