The Senior Vice President of Sales Operations
is responsible for leading the company's account ownership assignments and strategy. The SVP of Sales Operations will oversee the use of the company's CRM system and assure its functions support the company's overall business strategy. The SVP of Sales Operations will work with the finance team to assure all sales personnel are properly budgeted and measured. The SVPSO will work with senior management to assure revenues are recorded and reported by Vertical, Segment, Geography and LOB to allow the company's business strategy to be fulfilled. They are responsible for setting the strategy of the following aspects of Sales administration and Support for Clean Harbors, such as creating, maintaining, and enforcing best-practice policies, processes, tools, reports, metrics, and training for the sales organization, to ensure the achievement of sales targets and the continuous improvement in sales performance and sales productivity.Clean Harbors
(NYSE: CLH) is North America’s leading provider of environmental and industrial services. The Company serves a diverse customer base, including a majority of Fortune 500 companies. Its customer base spans a number of industries, including chemical, energy and manufacturing, as well as numerous government agencies. These customers rely on Clean Harbors to deliver a broad range of services such as end-to-end hazardous waste management, emergency spill response, industrial cleaning and maintenance, and recycling services. Through its Safety-Kleen subsidiary, Clean Harbors also is North America’s largest re-refiner and recycler of used oil and a leading provider of parts washers and environmental services to commercial, industrial and automotive customers. Founded in 1980 and based in Massachusetts, Clean Harbors operates in the United States, Canada, Mexico, Puerto Rico and India. For more information, visit www.cleanharbors.com .
Clean Harbors offers all eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Competitive annual salary
- Opportunities for growth, development and internal promotion
- Health, Dental and Life Insurance
- 401k, tuition reimbursement, and paid time off
- Company paid certifications, licenses and training
- Ensuring that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times.
- Functional responsibility for sales-related activities associated with creating, maintaining, and enforcing policies, practices, and tools for sales and sales administrative support; Responsible for implementation of determined best practices and for sales productivity improvements in all aspects of sales organization strategy.
- Business leader for company's CRM to include customer record data integrity; sales training, enforcement, and use for all appropriate sales related activities (pipelines, call notes, customer set-up, reporting, budgets, etc.); and key interface with management information systems (MIS) in determining and prioritizing improvements to CRM; Oversee trees for job types, LOBs, customer classes and verticals - assure all systems (CRMs, order placement, PeopleSoft revenue reports) are all in sync.
- Responsible for establishing, monitoring, and reporting sales metrics, goals, key performance indicators (KPIs); Report sales program and personnel performance by business vertical, region and line of business (LOB) to monitor progress in attaining goals.
- Manage department of sales administration, sales analytics, and sales support personnel; Responsible to develop, implement, and oversee the protocol associated with periodic sales personnel territory reviews and formal periodic performance evaluation processes (forms, format and content); Produce Sales Forecasts - Extracting system information, gathering information from sales leaders, bridging between LOB and Ops forecasts, produce insights and forward information to senior management; Sales results analysis - produce insights and take corrective action.
- Manage, control, and oversee the annual and periodic sales budgeting processes to include corporate "interlock" budget, as well as account level budgeting. Report on performance to budget for interlock, account level, and sales expense budgets.
- Work with the Executive Leadership to assure all sales personnel, CAMs, VAMs, AMs, DSMs, LOB Specialists and others are properly budgeted, recorded and measured.
- Work with the senior leaders to assure revenues are recorded and reported by Vertical, Segment, Geography and LOB to allow the company's business strategy to be fulfilled.
- Oversee and implement the strategy of account ownership assignments.
Clean Harbors is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state/provincial or local protected class.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business or Management is required.
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration or other business function is preferred.
- 5 plus years in a leadership role associated with sales operations management in a $500MM complex service company with a large distributed sales force.
- 12+ years of sales experience combined in environmental services, waste management, site services, or waste industry sales management experience preferred.
- Strong leadership ability and strong presentation skills. Extremely organized and attention to detail.
- Ability to translate financial and statistical data into understandable terms for line managers.
- Ability to organize action items into ongoing and sustainable programs.
- Ability to understand an issue and address/resolve tactically and strategically. High degree of integrity.
- Ability to influence across multiple organizations. Technical competencies in Sales Best Practice, CRM systems implementation. and training, maintain data integrity across multiple systems.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.