Moody’s is a developmental culture where we value candidates who are willing to grow. So, if you are excited about this opportunity but don’t meet every single requirement, please apply! You may be a perfect fit for this role or other open roles.
Moody's is a global integrated risk assessment firm that empowers organizations to make better decisions.
At Moody’s, we’re taking action. We’re hiring diverse talent and providing underrepresented groups with equitable opportunities in their careers. We’re educating, empowering and elevating our people, and creating a workplace where each person can be their true selves, reach their full potential and thrive on every level. Learn more about our DE&I initiatives, employee development programs and view our annual DE&I Report at moodys.com/diversityTeam/Department Description:
As the AVP – Pricing, you will be responsible for driving improvement to Pricing, Sales Operations, and other Commercial processes, based on Lean Six Sigma, Design Thinking and Agile framework that enhance the customer experience, drive consistent performance, ensure regulatory compliance, and enable efficiencies.Role/Responsibilities:
The individual will be measured on increase in operational effectiveness and controls across all relevant processes, and successful implementation of specific initiatives.
Core responsibilities include:
- Drive projects that aim at enhancing overall experience for our end clients / issuers, by identifying customer pain points, performing root cause analysis and implementing identified improvements
- Assume role of Process Owner for Pricing Program Eligibility Guidelines (PPEG) and other assigned areas / processes. Embed metrics to track and measure efficiency and performance of the processes.
- Ensure Operational Guidelines, Best Practice Guides, and Risk and Control Self Assessment (RCSA) are up-to-date and enforced.
- Own and maintain content of the RM Fee Related Training Curriculum and ensure RM rank and file meet pre-determined deadlines, including new-joiners
- Audit, uncover and resolve data issues that affect control reporting as well as define and implement data cleanup routines
- Launch initiatives that increase end to end process efficiency, minimize waste, improve effectiveness & controls by performing process reviews, identifying wastes and reducing manual intervention
- Collaborate with the business as well as data, technology, risk, legal, compliance and innovation resources to implement agreed improvements
- Support regulatory enquiries and participate in formulating responses on behalf of Commercial Pricing to developments
Project Management / Organizational Skills
- Familiarity with project management software tools, methodologies and best practices.
- Eye for detail and accuracy, with a preference for brevity.
- Comfortable in changing priorities, ability to pivot when required.
- Strong communication skills with ability to cultivate strong relationships across a network of internal functions and external customers
- Champion an excellent customer experience
- Optimize and standardize business processes by applying best practices to achieve more efficient results; solution focused
- Translate customer needs into process improvement objectives, define user stories, develop implementation plans and oversee their execution
- Comfortable in an agile operating environment. Demonstrates persistence and commitment in implementing product and process improvements.
- 5+ years’ of proven experience in roles focused on driving and implementing end to end process improvement and/or change management initiatives. Lean Six Sigma Certification preferred.
- Experienced in the implementation of large complex mid-size projects within financial industry, is preferred.
- Ability to influence, navigate ambiguity and drive consensus amongst working groups partners to meet deliverables and achieve objectives.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office: Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Project Management software and collaboration tools including Visio and Lucid Charts.
- Strong organizational and analytic skills, problem-solving abilities and attention to details.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks as well as work towards tight deadlines.
- Capable and confident communicator - excellent written and verbal communication skills, including ability to translate insight into content, create slide or written presentations, create overall communication plans, and presentation to senior leadership.
- Comfortable in dealing with ambiguity and navigate uncertain situations to drive for clarity; work calmly and maintain good judgment in fast-paced, high-speed environment.
- Thinks critically and exercises sound judgment. Fully explores problems and/or opportunities and provides solutions proactively.
- Sets high standards for performance. Focusses on results with a sense of urgency. Overcomes obstacles. Brings issues to closure.
Moody’s is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody’s Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.
For more information on the Securities Trading Program, please refer to the STP Quick Reference guide on ComplianceNet
Please note: STP categories are assigned by the hiring teams and are subject to change over the course of an employee’s tenure with Moody’s.