The Head of Sales Operations will hold a key role in managing the successful delivery of all Sales Operations responsibilities on behalf of Revenue Operations and supporting our organisation's success. With responsibility for all Sales Operations activities and deliverables, you will partner with the rest of the Commercial function, the Commercial Units, Business Units and key stakeholders across Advanced ensuring the overall effectiveness of Sales Operations and successful processes and reporting.
Please note this role requires travel into Birmingham 2-3 days per week, moving to 3 days a month after the initial couple of months..What You Will Do
What You Will Have
- Driving Sales Operations/ Sales Support planning and governance around activities and deliverables
- Partner with functional leadership from across Advanced to support delivery of best in class process and performance within Sales Operations/Sales Support
- Creation and maintenance of Sales Operations policies, procedures, training manuals, and related resource material.
- Ensuring the successful delivery of Sales Support to each of the Commercial Units
- Delivering high quality performance levels from Sales Support which deliver exceptional results
- Management of cross functional projects on behalf of the Sales Operations team
- Delivery of success metrics to track progress and manage success metrics within Sales Operations
- Development and maintenance of daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly reports on progress
What We Do For You
- Previous experience working in a role supporting best practice across a Sales or Revenue organisation
- A high level of proficiency with Salesforce.com.
- Strong leadership and people development expertise
- Must have well developed capabilities at problem solving and crafting efficient processes.
- Results and success oriented, conveying a sense of urgency and driving issues to closure.
- Must be adaptable and be able to adjust to multiple demands, shifting priorities, ambiguity, and rapid change
- Being comfortable in the detail along with the ability to identify value drivers is a key attribute.
- The role requires considerable cross-functional collaboration and orchestration across different departments and contribute directly to the success of the business.
– Our people are our greatest assets, and ensuring everyone feels their best self to come to work is integral
- Generous Annual Leave – 25 days of annual leave, plus public holidays and the ability to buy additional days
- Employee Assistance Programme – Free advice, support, and confidential counselling available 24/7 through Care First
- Endometriosis Friendly Employer - We are proud to confirm our commitment to developing an environment and culture that allows those with endometriosis to thrive in the workplace
- Regardless of where you are at in your career, we’re committed to enabling your growth personally and professionally
Financial wellbeing -
- Development Programmes – From Future Managers to Leadership Training, our development programmes help you get where you need to go
- Performance Bonus – Our Group-wide bonus scheme enables you to reap the rewards of your success
We understand as well as your mental wellbeing, your financial wellbeing is really important
- Pension Scheme – Our plan with Scottish Widows offers 5% matched contribution by the company
- Income protection insurance – Providing you with support and assistance when you need it most
– Highlighting and rewarding the great work our people do
Making a Difference
- Values Awards – Our quarterly employee-driven initiative to highlight and reward the people in the organisation who embody our values the most
- Clear Review – Our own technology platform that allows you to get real-time feedback, conversations and goals to help you become your best self
– we provide opportunities to help our people make a difference to the causes they care about
Who We Are
- MatchIt! – Fundraise for a cause close to your heart and Advanced will match part of the funding
- Volunteering Time – Our volunteering leave scheme allows you to use your time to help those who need it
- Pennies from Heaven – donate the pennies from your pay check to help make a difference without lifting a finger
We are one the UK’s largest tech companies, and our products sit at the heart of some of the country's best-known businesses. We’ve grown phenomenally quickly with a £275m turnover and 2,800 employees supporting over 25,000 customers. We hire for potential.
We want to make sure we have the best people for the job and provide genuinely equal opportunities for our people to thrive. Our recruitment process is designed with inclusion and equity at its core.
Find out more about the next steps once you’ve applied here - careers.oneadvanced.com/how- we-hire