Do you want to make your mark in a global company? Valmet’s Flow Control Business line is looking for a Manager, Sales Operations Europe to be part of our Flow Control Europe Market Area Team.
Valmet’s Flow Control business line
is one of the leading providers of mission-critical flow control solutions and services for process industries. We employ about 2,650 people in approximately 40 countries. With our global team of experts and innovative solutions, we help our customers to improve their process performance and ensure the safe flow of materials. We are looking for a talented Manager, Sales Operations Europe
. The current Manager is moving to another role within the company and is available for a detailed hand over and will provide all needed support to get you started.Manager Sales Operations Europe
leads and develops a team of 40 customer service and application engineers (8 direct reports) across two main locations in India (Mumbai, Chennai).
The team manages 1,000 orders per month from PO-to-invoice and produces 500 high quality quotations per month from RFQ-to-proposal to our process industry customers across our twelve European sales offices. Main focus is on MRO, Service and Valve Controls & Actuation businesses. The team also supports our channel partners and EPC project sales in selected cases and manages the more challenging international logistics cases.
In addition to developing our people and processes, the Manager is responsible to nurture and develop collaboration with the local outside sales in Europe as well as local customer service managers. We strive to work as a multi-location one team
striving to always improve our processes and ways of working for continuous improvement of customer service.Manager Sales Operations Europe role includes a wide range of different responsibilities
To be successful in this role you can ideally demonstrate
- Promote, develop and role model health, safety and environment (HSE) practices within your team
- Continuous improvement of customer satisfaction related to quotations, order management, logistics, proactive communication and solving customer problems. Own, drive and report on the development as part of Valmet’s strategy execution
- Supporting Europe Market Area and country-specific orders received targets by producing high quality quotations according to customer requirements
- Talent development (product and application knowledge, process knowledge, local customer business understanding, generic skills development)
- Organization development based on strategy and market changes, as well as minimizing positions where there are no back-ups available
- Target setting and performance management to ensure your team meets their challenging but achievable targets
- The job requires 30-60 travel days per year, mainly to Europe
- 10+ years of experience in industrial equipment industry in a large multi-national matrix organization with 5+ years of managerial experience. Experience from managing managers is considered an advantage
- Experience leading an expert engineering organization.
- High integrity, open, collaborative management style
- Strong presentation and analytical skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- Demonstrated ability to attract, recruit and retain talent
- Demonstrated ability to make change happen in a multinational matrix organization
- Strong networking skills and people leadership skills
We offer you a truly global working environment and an international team of experts to inspire and support you, every day. Through your work you can bring the future to our customers, contribute to the success of the organization and find opportunities for personal development. The role will provide you with an excellent view of the business and opportunity to use and develop all your skills and experience to the next level in a global environment. We are developing our ways of working to serve our customers even better in the future so with us you won’t get bored!
In this role you will be reporting to the Head of MRO & Service Europe. Your working location will be Mumbai, India.Additional Information
Did we catch your interest? Is there something puzzling you? For more information, please contact Lasse Helin, Head of MRO & Service Europe, by email firstname.lastname@example.org.When everything works together
Valmet is where the best talent from a wide variety of backgrounds comes together. Our commitment to moving our customers' performance forward requires creativity, technological innovations, service know-how – and above all, teamwork.
We build machines the size of a football field, maintain entire mills and innovate solutions to utilize renewables. Think about the scale of our work and you’ll get a feeling of what kind of people we need and how they need to collaborate.
Every day there are Valmet teams around the world who share the feeling of achieving something great – that feeling when everything works together.
Join the team! www.valmet.com/careers