The Deal Desk team are the strategic advisors/partners to Thomson Reuters Go-To-Market functions/teams, facilitating the deal structures and requests that our clients demand which fit into TR strategy. It drives scale within the Go-To-Market functions, allowing Sales to focus on selling, while creating efficiencies, profitability, and enables effective governance across the sales cycle. The Deal Desk Manager will lead a team that are experts in our policies, processes, and systems. They will partner with Business Segments, Product, Finance, Legal, Sales Operations and other operational and functional teams to execute go-to-market strategies and they will work with processes, systems and commercial policies that support the sales cycle. Additionally, the Deal Desk Manager will be expected to identify, prioritize, and drive initiatives to improve the sales cycle, processes, and/or systems.About The Role
In this opportunity as Risk & Government Manager – Deal Desk,
- Manage a team of Deal Desk associates who focus on enabling/coordinate deals through the internal process to support effective/compliant deal execution.
- Lead structuring the complex/strategic deals in a way that TR can provide the best customer experience and supporting devising negotiation options and tactics for those customers.
- Serve as the trusted advisor and the go-to person for to the Sales/ Business Segment teams for solving complex commercial challenges and enacting deal strategy through the deal process.
- Work with business segment/product/marketing/pricing & commercial teams to understand GTM strategy and ensure operating mechanisms are in place within the deal desk to execute those strategies.
- Coach Sales / Business Segment teams on changes in processes, policies, and best practices to improve performance and release Sales capacity to focus on core Sales activities.
- Identify and prioritize projects with cross-functional teams that support/improve the execution of closing the right deals for TR.
- Ensure Sales teams are operating within the Rules of Engagement and Commercial Policy, directly partnering with cross-functional teams to driving governance, compliance, and efficiencies through simplification/standardization/systematic and automated solutions.
- Provide feedback/insights back to teams/functions that support the commercial activities including Pricing, Commercial Policy, legal teams which support adjustments in commercial activities and / or commercial policy and contracting.
- Identify, scope, and deliver process and systems changes that improve operational efficiencies for the sales cycle.
- Work confidently in a dynamic/matrix/complex environment, adapting and seeing change as positive to improve deal flow.
- Lead change management activities to evolve key stakeholders, functions mindsets that enable sales cycles to be more efficient and effective.
- Serves as a coach and mentor to other team members, assisting with onboarding, day-to-day training, coaching, and collaborating to solve business problems.
- Understand end-to-end processes across OTC and serve as an expert on the roles and responsibilities of cross-functional support teams, resulting in accelerated resolution of issues and drive improvements to the sales cycle.
- Set up program management issue resolution process across front and back-office teams, drive to root cause resolution for the sales cycle, enable additional knowledge enhancement for gaps and ensure the right expectations are set across key stakeholders and functional groups.
- Drive to a culture where decisions are made on data and to deliver the reporting tools that is needed to support that change in mindset.
- Engage directly with segment leaders and customers as necessary through both written and verbal communications, to ensure optimized deal flow.
You're a fit for the role of Risk & Government Manager – Deal Desk
if your background includes:Basic Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience, MBA preferred.
- 6+ years of professional experience in a deal desk/client facing or sales support role.
Preferred Qualifications & Attributes:
What's in it For You?
- Solid experience across the sales cycle, customer contracting, leading/managing complex projects.
- Solid background in SaaS and content products, commercials, contracting and sales cycles.
- Excellent interpersonal skills i.e. communication, influencing, problem resolution etc...
- Excellent partnership skills with a proven track record working across different functional groups, at all levels of the organization, in different regions with different cultures where face to face opportunities is minimal.
- Comfortable with change and uncertainty, with the ability to thrive in a fast-moving environment.
- Ability to learn quickly, adapt in a dynamic and collaborative environment.
- Ability to work in complex matrix environments as a team member or as a single contributor.
- Ability to effectively evolve the status quo and enhance working practices.
- Focus on delivering and executing against agreed OKR’s
- Works effectively in a high stress and pressured environment and to tight deadlines.
- Strong business acumen, organizational, time management skills with attention to detail
- Ability to establish and manage effectively process/systems that support high volume of transactions with accuracy and integrity.
- Proven track record in selling, supporting RFP’s and contracting with US government & its related agencies a plus
- Proficient with Google and Microsoft Office products
- Experience with Salesforce, order capture, SAP and Oracle is a plus
You will join our inclusive culture of world-class talent, where we are committed to your personal and professional growth through:
- Hybrid Work Model: We've adopted a flexible hybrid working environment for our office-based roles while delivering a seamless experience that is digitally and physically connected
- Wellbeing: Comprehensive benefit plans; flexible and supportive benefits for work-life balance: flexible vacation, two company-wide Mental Health Days Off; work from another location for up to a total of 8 weeks in a year, 4 of those weeks can be out of the country and the remaining in the country, Headspace app subscription; retirement, savings, tuition reimbursement, and employee incentive programs; resources for mental, physical, and financial wellbeing.
- Culture: Globally recognized and award-winning reputation for equality, diversity and inclusion, flexibility, work-life balance, and more.
- Learning & Development: LinkedIn Learning access; internal Talent Marketplace with opportunities to work on projects cross-company; Ten Thousand Coffees Thomson Reuters café networking.
- Social Impact: Ten employee-driven Business Resource Groups; two paid volunteer days annually; Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) initiatives for local and global impact.
- Purpose Driven Work: We have a superpower that we’ve never talked about with as much pride as we should – we are one of the only companies on the planet that helps its customers pursue justice, truth and transparency. Together, with the professionals and institutions we serve, we help uphold the rule of law, turn the wheels of commerce, catch bad actors, report the facts, and provide trusted, unbiased information to people all over the world.
Do you want to be part of a team helping re-invent the way knowledge professionals work? How about a team that works every day to create a more transparent, just and inclusive future? At Thomson Reuters, we’ve been doing just that for almost 160 years. Our industry-leading products and services include highly specialized information-enabled software and tools for legal, tax, accounting and compliance professionals combined with the world’s most global news services – Reuters. We help these professionals do their jobs better, creating more time for them to focus on the things that matter most: advising, advocating, negotiating, governing and informing.
We are powered by the talents of 26,000 employees across more than 70 countries, where everyone has a chance to contribute and grow professionally in flexible work environments that celebrate diversity and inclusion. At a time when objectivity, accuracy, fairness and transparency are under attack, we consider it our duty to pursue them. Sound exciting? Join us and help shape the industries that move society forward.Accessibility
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.Protect yourself from fraudulent job postings click here to know more.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on https://thomsonreuters.com .