Field Fresh Foods, Inc. (https://www.fieldfresh.com) was established in 1994 with a vision to serve quality Fresh-Cut produce to the Southern California market. Through the years they quickly expanded their reach to multiple states along the Western USA. They saw a need within the food manufacturing industry for just-in-time service, distribution, and manufacturing that is based around freshness, shelf life, and a tight adhesion to product specifications. This need created their business model; “Provide the freshest food, that meets the highest level of specification and quality.” Their mission is to serve their customers at a level that meets or exceeds their customer’s expectations. They operate their business in a manner that customers would like based on their needs and desires with respect to reliability, product performance, and value. At Field Fresh Foods, they work with a sense of urgency and always act in accordance with that urgency on behalf of their customers. The company is truly family-focused on their ~800 loyal and passionate employees and has very low turnover. They are currently seeking an Assistant Vice President of Sales reporting to the VP of Sales and the Chief Executive Officer for immediate hiring. The position is based at the company headquarters in Gardena, California.
The AVP of Sales manages the sales organization and directs the day-to-day activities of all sales personnel. They will continually evaluate the company’s market share position and implement policies and procedures necessary to improve the Field Fresh Foods competitive market position. They provide market intelligence and advice to other members of the company’s management team to make the best pricing and sales decisions. They will be responsible for the achievement of the company sales budgets and volume objectives. We are seeking an experienced and results driven AVP of Sales in fresh produce sales to both the foodservice and food manufacturing (industrial) sectors. The ideal candidate should possess an existing network and a track record of managing successful partnerships within both important channels. The AVP of Sales is responsible for the planning and execution of sales strategies that maximize sales volume and margin growth. The final candidate will implement strategic sales plans to include sales forecasting activities, review market analysis to determine customer needs, and price schedules. The AVP of Sales holds accountability for directing all sales strategies for 70% of the company sales and be prepared to step into the VP of Sales role over the coming period.
• Managing the day-to-day operations of the sales enterprise, achieving if not exceeding sales goals.
• Growing existing accounts and expand market penetration for food service and food manufacturing channels.
• Providing leadership, direction, training, management, and sales and marketing support to the outside sales team.
• Developing deep relationships with Field Fresh Foods customers to continue to grow.
• Bringing market knowledge to the company to continue to expand sales operations.
• Working closely with the Accounting and other departments to create budgets and forecasts.
• Digging deep into the data the company owns and determining best actions to improve sales.
• Providing sales perspective on competitive situations, market conditions, customer viewpoint and trade related issues.
• Collaborating with the VP of Sales on the annual sales plan and budget; supporting tactical planning and three-year sales planning efforts as related to the strategic growth plans and objectives of the sales channels.
• Providing update reports which includes monthly business and project status updates sales activity and volume reports, forecasts, and pricing analysis reports.
• Analyzing changes in market dynamics and use rich company data to adapt strategies as necessary to achieve increased sales volume and margin growth.
Required Skills, Qualifications, Education and Competencies
• Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited four-year college or university is preferred.
• 7-10+ years’ relevant experience and a proven track record in perishable food/produce sales to the foodservice and/or food manufacturing sectors is required.
• Demonstrated leadership ability to lead people and get results through others.
• Possess problem analysis and resolution at both a strategic and functional level.
• Strong customer service orientation and the ability to build new customer relationships.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including presentation skills.
• Demonstrated ability to develop high performance teams.
• Deep understanding of the dynamics of the Foodservice industry.
• Demonstrated sales planning, forecasting and sales execution experience required.
The Assistant Vice President of Sales reports to both the Vice President of Sales and the Chief Executive Officer of the company. They will lead a dedicated outside sales team of four.
For Further Information:
Mr. Brandt Handley, Managing Director, Resource Options International, Inc. E: Brandt@Go4ROI.com
Resource Options International, Inc. or ROI Executive Search is a boutique, retained executive search, coaching and organizational development firm that enables middle market companies to recognize, recruit and retain key talent at the CXO, VP and Director levels. We are industry and discipline agnostic as we recognize that the talent management needs, and requirements of our middle market clients have much more in common than their industry sector or functional differences. ROI is headquartered in Santa Barbara, California with offices in Connecticut. Learn more at www.Go4ROI.com.