Phathom Pharmaceuticals is a biopharmaceutical company focused on the development and commercialization of novel treatments for gastrointestinal (GI) diseases. We are developing vonoprazan, a first-in-class potassium-competitive acid blocker (PCAB) with a New Drug Application under review by the FDA for the treatment of Erosive GERD and a late-stage development program in Non-Erosive GERD. Vonoprazan-based regimens are approved in the U.S. as part of a co-packaged product in combination with antibiotics for the treatment of H. pylori infection in adults, marketed as VOQUEZNA® TRIPLE PAK® (vonoprazan, amoxicillin, clarithromycin) and VOQUEZNA DUAL PAK® (vonoprazan, amoxicillin). We are a growing team of highly driven professionals who are passionate in our mission to improve the lives of people suffering from GI diseases. Phathom has built a unique culture that embraces entrepreneurship, fosters collective ownership and accountability, and celebrates personal and professional achievement. We are looking for dynamic, self-motivated, and purpose-driven team players who embody our core values and are excited by the idea of working in a fast-paced environment to help us transform the GI treatment landscape.
The Territory Sales Representative has a responsibility to meet and exceed sales objectives in their assigned geography while in accordance with all applicable company and regulatory standards. The territory sales representative will work to understand and identify customer needs, aligning appropriate resources and all pull through activities. The territory sales representative will acquire advanced product and disease state knowledge that allows for in-depth engagement with all health care professionals. Reporting to the Regional Sales Manager, this individual will launch the companies first ever product calling on Gastroenterologists, Advanced Practice Practitioners (APPs) and select Primary Care Physicians in assigned territory to achieve sales goals. The territory sales representative will work closely with peers, Regional Sales Managers, and commercial colleagues to achieve territory, region, and corporate goals.
Essential Job Responsibilities
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Drives sales performance to ensure sales goals are met or exceeded.
- Maintain advanced product and disease state expertise to effectively engage Gastroenterologists, Primary Care Physicians, APPs, and office-staff delivering clinically focused messages introducing a new treatment option and overcoming objections.
- Continuously builds understanding of territory market dynamics and market access opportunities accelerating pull through by effectively communicating with HCPs and office staff.
- Works closely with Regional Sales Manager to effectively develop territory business plans to achieve sales goals.
- Works with peers, marketing, training, and sales operations driving operational execution and sharing best practices.
- Meets all administrative management responsibilities including effective use of CRM, and expense reporting.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- 2 years or more of successful pharmaceutical sales experience required; GI Specialty experience preferred
- Proven and consistent track record of success in sales performance
- Experience launching new products
- Demonstrated success leveraging all resources (marketing, market access pull through and technology solutions).
- Proven business acumen and analytical expertise
- Builds professional relationships with office staff and others in the customer network
- Demonstrated success in both live and virtual interactions.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic work environment
- Strong technical skills, computer proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite including Excel, PowerPoint and digital meeting platforms including Veeva Engage, Teams, Zoom etc.
- Valid driver’s license and, safe driving record
- Some territory overnight travel may be required depending on geography
- Travel to national, regional, and corporate office may be required
- Customer focused
- Ability to change customer behavior
- Drives results
- Strong clinical knowledge
- High emotional intelligence
- Communicates effectively
- Conducts themselves with the highest degree of ethics and standards
Phathom Core Values
- Perseverance – With hard work and determination, together we overcome all obstacles
- Humble – We put others first, remain grounded and let our work speak for itself
- Accountable – We are reliable and take personal responsibility in all that we do. We take pride and ownership in our work every day
- Transparent – We say what we mean, debate openly and respectfully, and have no hidden agendas
- Entrepreneurial – We are nimble, agile and embrace innovation. We challenge the status quo, enjoy change and approach problems unconventionally
Pursuant to the New York City Pay Transparency Act, the expected annual base salary range for this role is $90,000 - $140,000.
Phathom is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity and provides equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics.
Applicants with a disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application, interview, or hiring process can contact us by sending an email to email@example.com.