ABOUT THE POSITION: This person will direct a team to facilitate operational efficiencies in our Retail Stores and throughout our corporate system. By performing the following duties, it will ensure maximum effectiveness of the organization’s sales effort, drive engagement of our gallery managers and associates.
Essential functions and key responsibilities are:
· NEW FACILITY LAUNCH AND EXISTING FACILITY REENGINEERING – Helps develop and deploy innovation in operating process, tools and practices. Incorporates “lean operating principles and standards” in all aspects of services delivered by the Retail Operations Team
· SALES – Develop, analyze & distribute various sales reports and/or information for Management and field staff to assist with achieving sales, margin, and EBITDA goals.
· INVENTORY – Coordinate, develop and/or provide forecasting, stock levels, distribution, reports, physical inventory taking, exit strategy, loss prevention etc. for the Retail Division.
· BANKING – Develop and enforce all banking processes for the Retail Division. Work with all of our banks, and internal departments to minimize costs, and risk.
· INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY – Develop, test and maintain Point of Sale hardware, software and back-office systems for the Retail Division.
· MARKETING – Assist with development, testing and maintenance of the Customer Relationship Module and Loyalty Program for the Retail Division.
· EDUCATION – Assist with the development, testing and maintenance of the ELearning System for the Retail Division. Create trainings as needed for Retail Staff and Management on such things as operations, systems, procedures, etc.
· ACCOUNTING – Develop, maintain, update and/or distribute reports as requested by the Accounting department as they relate to the Retail Division or for assistance during the auditing process. Facilitate end of month processes with accounting.
· POLICY & PROCEDURES – Create, maintain, review and update and implement as needed, all Policies and Procedures for the Retail Division.
· REPORTING – Develop, maintain, review and distribute reporting for all departments as needed for the entire Retail Division.
· COMMUNICATION – Create clear, concise and accurate communication to Retail Stores and/or Management regarding policies, updates, changes, operations, sales, etc. as needed throughout the Retail Division.
· SUPPORT—Provide first line support to the Retail Stores as needed by being available to answer phones during all retail open hours.
SPECIAL NOTE: The essential requirements listed above are to be taken as a guide. The Dealer and Retail Sales Operations department should have the ability to lead a broad spectrum of skill sets to accomplish the overall goal of retail support to the stores and management. This group would ideally contain one person that is knowledgeable in forecasting, inventory turnover, controls, etc, plus someone with a broad knowledge of banking regulations, licensing requirements both from a taxation stand-point and permitting as well. In addition this group should also contain someone with a solid understanding of data flow, POS systems, report writing, programming, etc.
● 10+ years of relevant business experience in supporting retail operations in progressively responsible leadership roles
● 5+ years at a top management consulting firm experience preferred
● Program and / or launch management experience is successful
● Exceptional intellectual and analytical curiosity with proven capability to strategically problem-solve
● Experience participating (preferably leading) cross-functional teams
● Collaborative approach and outstanding listening skills
● Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively – both verbally and in writing
● Executive presence
Education and Certifications-
● Bachelor’s degree in business management (or related field of study) required
● MBA preferred
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Works in a typical office environment. Ability to travel domestically and internationally up to 20%.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
● Must be able to communicate effectively with employees through multiple forms of technology with telephone and computer. Must be able to receive and convey information.
● The person in this position needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, meeting rooms, copier/printer etc as well as have the ability to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time.
● Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time.
● The person in this position needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, meeting rooms, copier/printer etc.
● Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer.
● Repetitive motions such as lifting and turning (for example: lifting a sewing machine and placing it in a shopping cart, on a checkout counter, or on a display shelf).
● Communication with customers via telephone and computer. Must be able to receive and convey information.
● Required to retrieve or reposition products like sewing machines weighing up to 50 pounds.