Callaway Golf is a leader in total performance, premium golf equipment and active lifestyle products while also being a great place to work! We are passionate and push the limits of innovation. We dare to be great while acting with integrity and respect. We stay hungry, yet humble. All while having fun and making golf enjoyable for everyone!
Our company is a blend of experience and diverse backgrounds, and our leaders have a strong history of building and selling successful initiatives. We are working to build a truly groundbreaking company, and we want top-notch people to join us in that mission.
The Specialist role is responsible for working directly with National Account and Mass Merchants to support all order fulfillment processes. Provide the National Account and Mass Merchant sales team with operational insight as it relates to the sales process, production schedules, procurement schedules, and complex shipping requirements. The incumbent will also be required to generate, read, and react to sales reports related to National Account order fulfillment and will be required to communicate impact of findings to the sales team and customers as requested. In addition, this role is responsible for problem solving and/or coordinating the needs of National Accounts to ensure high service levels are maintained through the order fulfillment process.
Roles And Responsibilities
National / Mass Accounts
- Responsible for responding directly to customer account inquiries
- Understand and execute order fulfillment for National Accounts with cross-functional teams
- Lead weekly meetings of account performance and PO status.
- Create, review and distribute weekly order fulfillment reports to National & Mass Merchant customers
- Have in depth knowledge of all sales programs and be able to enforce guidelines or seek approval from appropriate authority on special requests
- Responsible for understanding the order flow process (for standard and custom orders) to identify problem areas and resolve or advise
- Create deliveries on orders and coordinate with the shipping dept to ensure priority orders or orders with special shipping requests are carried out
- Coordinate with account buyers to obtain PO changes – extensions, ship window modifications, etc.
- Work directly with inside and outside National sales reps to assist with all order / product / delivery
- Responsible for the Order Inquiry process by answering emails and phone calls regarding order changes, availability, or PO status from the National & Mass Merchant sales team and/or customers as requested
- Responsible for the Product Availability process by maintain knowledge of current and past product offerings (new, in-line, and closeout products) and be able to provide accurate information on inventory status or estimated delivery schedule with the sales team or customer as requested
- Responsible for acting as a liaison with customer issues regarding orders by knowing who to contact for assistance or approval and follow through to ensure resolution and understand when to escalate for resolution.
- Responsible for all standard and custom order entry related to National Accounts while ensuring all business rules are followed and carried out
Standard Order Management Tasks
- Be able to assist the Order Management team with overflow during peak times
- All tasks detailed above for National Accounts - but for all accounts (ie order entry / order change / problem solve/ create delivery / etc.)
- Assist with any project as needed
TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities)
- Must be able to work in a fast paced – at times stressful – environment
- Have a keen understanding of order flow process (standard and custom) to know what changes are viable and be able to make changes upholding the Business rules around them and enforce or seek approval to violations of those rules with appropriate authority
- Have a thorough understanding of customer shipping requirements and give guidance to the distribution center on priority of shipments to National / Mass Merchant customers
- Ability to understand priority needs of National Accounts and the company overall and adjust tasks when necessary or when directed
- Demonstrate strong communication skills – both verbally and written – and be able to relate to all level of employees
- Should be self-motivated and be able to demonstrate initiative
- Must be very detail oriented
- Must have proven computer skills
- Be able to read and interpret instructions, policy, procedures, program information, etc.
- Be able to work with Excel spreadsheets / read / interpret data using critical thinking skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to problem solve
- Must be able to think outside the box and offer suggestions on project implementation / improvement
- Must be able to clearly understand business policies and be able to communicate and enforce them
Education And Experience
- High School Graduate – required
- 3 years sales/customer service in sporting goods or mass merchant environment preferred
- College degree or experience preferred
- Computer experience required / Excel / Word experience required
- SAP experience preferred
- Sales or Customer service experience / background required
- National Account or Mass Merchant account experience preferred
Callaway Golf is an Equal Opportunity Employer. If your experience is close to what we’re looking for, please consider applying. Experience comes in many forms, skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. We know that diverse backgrounds and experiences make for the best problem-solving and creative thinking, which is why we’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply. We look forward to learning more about you.