Gadge USA was established in 1993. Our company is a national packaging supply and supply-chain solutions company with an expansive distribution network. We manage packaging portfolios across multiple categories, combined with a scalable service model which delivers packaging solutions and continuous improvement to our customers.
We are currently recruiting a VP of Sales
, reporting to our President & CEO
. In this role, you will be responsible for defining and executing the company’s sales strategy and direct management of the field Sales and Sales Operations teams. You will also join the President/CEO, COO, VP Organization Development/HR and the VP of Finance and Accounting as a member of the Executive Team of the Company.
Gadge has a compelling value proposition that provides a consultative approach aligning packaging and distribution expertise with its customers’ unique packaging needs. The strategy focuses on the total acquisition cost; with specific attention to supply chain efficiencies, quality compliance, and leading practices across the supply chain; while providing a great customer experience. The end-to-end packaging solutions are the foundation of the value-added services that make Gadge a valuable partner to its customers and a strong competitor in the marketplace.What You Will Do:
Sales Operations and Marketing
- Collaborate with the President/CEO to set, define, and execute multi-year growth strategy, annual sales plan, goals, and forecasts, through expansion of existing business and new business development opportunities.
- Responsible for developing and executing strategic sales and marketing initiatives to promote and elevate the Company’s competitive market position and our brand
- Plan, control and direct the activities of the Sales team towards achieving and exceeding the Company’s sales plan through all target markets
- Establish best practices and ensure sales initiatives maximize opportunities to drive profitable growth
- Establish and maintain appropriate key performance indicators and metrics. Leverage sales data analytics to monitor the performance of the Sales team to identify opportunities, risks, or challenges and provide actionable insights for continuous improvement of the Sales team’s performance
- Oversee critical areas of the sales process to include customer pricing strategies, qualification of vendors, customer requirements and warehouse/logistical needs
- Lead the negotiation process to finalize customer contracts and pricing; provide coaching to the Sales team to close deals while maximizing profitability
- Motivate, mentor and guide the Sales team in their quest for new business by providing sales training for growth, professional development and successful selling
- Build strong Sales team culture reinforced by sales incentives, processes, and partnership with operating departments. Set clear and measurable outcomes to hold Sales team accountable for results
- Regularly enforce policies, procedures, and best practices to support a streamlined approach to ensure an effective transfer of any/all information and expectations between Sales team and operating departments (i.e., CX Projects, CX Accounts, etc.)
- Champion cross-functional collaboration and enable the Sales team to develop strong relationships throughout the organization
- Seek out and source new customers and product lines by developing networks and identifying and developing relevant resources for sales and business development.
- Participate in customer demonstrations, trade shows, conferences, and industry events to promote products, services, and generate leads
- Continuously monitor market trends and competitive landscape; provide market data and insights to company leadership in support of identifying initiatives, goals, challenges, etc. for, and in alignment with, the Company vision and strategy
- Recognize the impact of critical raw materials such as paper, resin, and fuel; develop plan to mitigate impact both internally and to our customers
- Design and implement business operations and end-to-end sales processes from new leads through winning deals to deliver best customer acquisition experience.
- Develop and manage customer contracts and maintain accurate price offerings for existing and new customers.
- Work collaboratively with appropriate resources to oversee the management and administration of any customer price change activity
- Optimize the internal Sales Operations workflows to ensure we are operating efficiently and have strong collaboration with other internal teams (Customer Experience, Creative & Technical Services, Sourcing, Purchasing & Planning, and Logistics, etc.)
- Identify and develop sales enablement opportunities to continuously improve our Sales team’s competencies and skills
- Design marketing opportunities and initiatives that are aligned to the sales strategy and goals
- Own the selection, implementation and adoption of sales tools and reporting, such as Salesforce, to increase sales productivity
- 10+ years of sales experience, with at least 7+ years in sales management, with demonstrated success growing and building a high performing sales team
- Proven record of achievement as a sales management executive in a supply chain, packaging, or distribution solutions company at significant scale
- Specific experience defining and organizing market segments for company growth into existing and new markets and product lines, while addressing strategic opportunities in a highly competitive market
- Results and success-oriented sales leader and team builder with the ability to set and execute sales plans, and programs
- Demonstrate executive leadership presence to engage customers; including the ability to deliver corporate presentations and tactfully navigate selling and negotiating discussions
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to manage and communicate with staff at all levels effectively within and outside the organization.
- High degree of strategic thinking and problem-solving skills and demonstrated success with developing innovative and creative approaches or new ideas
- Strong collaborator with all stakeholders and ability to influence and drive consensus, and mutual alignment.
- Ability to operate in a dynamic, growth-oriented environment and support organizational change management
- Willingness and flexibility to regularly travel on short notice
- Experience with Salesforce or other customer relationship management tools (CRMs). Successful use and expansion of a CRM platform to drive organizational value
- Bachelor's degree is required. MBA or Master’s degree in business-related program is strongly preferred
- Experience leading or managing the customer experience and/or marketing functions
- Past member of a company’s executive leadership team
What We Offer:
- A competitive salary, including annual discretionary cash bonus
- Your health is important! We offer excellent healthcare (medical, dental, vision) benefits with national providers, short-term and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, employee assistance program, and mental health support programs such as Talkspace and Sondermind
- We provide paid time off including company paid holidays
- We care about your future and offer 401(k) retirement plan, employer match, and a discretionary non-elective profit-sharing program
Come “en-Gadge” with us and join our innovative, collaborative, and inclusive teams on our journey to Be the best-in-class choice For All Things Packaging®, while fulfilling our Mission: Always Packed with Commitment® to provide a great customer experience, deliver high-quality, custom packaging products and value-added supply chain solutions through a culture of teamwork, strong relationships, and a commitment to excellence. Learn more about us here.This role will be based in our office located at 3000 Marcus Avenue, Suite 3E03, Lake Success, NY 11042.
The salary range for this role is $200,000 - $230,000 commensurate with the candidate's experience.
Gadge USA, Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, creed, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, or any other category protected by law.