Murad Skincare has a 30-year legacy of developing clinically proven products that are backed by science and cruelty-free. Founded by dermatologist Dr. Howard Murad, we follow four pillars of wellness to create products and experiences for happier lives: Eat your water, be kind to your mind, nourish your skin, and awaken your body. We’re proud to be part of the Unilever prestige family that works every day towards enhancing sustainability and inclusivity. We stand against discrimination and hate, and actively advocate for inclusion: so much so that one of our core values is respect, connect, and appreciate. Our team members are as diverse as they are talented—each bringing a unique perspective to an environment that encourages coloring outside of the lines, speaking up, and collaboration—and we’re ready for you to join our team!
The Director of Sales Operations will be responsible for providing leadership to guide sales goal delivery by monitoring and creating precise inventory and product forecasting, decision support and business process improvement to enable the growth of the National and Professional business. Operating as a business partner to the Sales team, the Director will contribute to developing sales strategy and initiatives, creating annualized sales budgets, and supporting account activities. Collaborating closely with Demand Planning, Supply Chain Planning, Order Management and Logistics teams, the Director will ensure that Account inventory needs are being anticipated and met to achieve our sales goals.
Budgeting and Financial Sales
- Partner with Sales/account management team to develop 3 to 5-year strategy plans for sales volume growth
- Work closely with VP of Sales to develop annualized turnover budgets and monthly sales flow by account
- Deliver monthly net shipments to achieve monthly, quarterly, and annual sales objectives
- Manage and oversee accruals and deductions by account
- Oversee Sales Ops team ensuring forecast alignment with Demand Planning team reconciles with financial sales projections
- Develop sku level and financial launch sell-in plans and annualized forecasts for new accounts
- Provide finance team with month end reforecast plans for current year based
- Review cross-functional team touchpoints and develop operational process for seamless execution of objectives
- Partner with Supply Chain Planning team to determine ideal inventory levels for optimum customer service
- Monitor inventory levels in top skus in order to take advantage of incremental promotional or secondary placement opportunities
- Partner with account management team to ensure alignment on inventory lifts needed to support promotional or secondary activity
- Identify additional tools necessary to deliver and exceed expected results
- Identify reporting needs that focus on improving business insight, efficiency, and productivity and work with analyst to develop appropriate reporting
- Identify opportunities for process automation and optimization
- Partner with retailers and account management team to ensure clear understanding of new launch strategy for innovation, sets, and holiday programs in order to forecast appropriate inventory levels to support the programs and launches
- Provide directional guidance on innovation forecasts by account
- Track new product, holiday and key item sales results and guide recommendations to ensure optimum sell-through
- Collaborate with Marketing and Demand Planning teams on innovation launch plans, evaluating pipe and forward plan to ensure future sales needs can be supported
- Build & maintain positive business relationships with customers to facilitate results-oriented partnership
- Monitor account dashboards and monitor in-stocks to identify opportunities for improvements
- Work closely with retailers to review orders, OTB, WOS, Turns, etc.
- Determination and grit
- Strong financial and analytical skills
- Strong business acumen with ability to use analytics to craft a compelling story
- Self-motivated & goal-oriented with superior work ethic
- Excellent written & verbal communications skills
- Problem solver, as well as strong organizational & planning skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work under pressure, multi-task & prioritize work
- Team oriented
- Advanced level of skills with MS Office Suite, particularly Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Cultural sensitivity / global mindset
- Experience with Consumer Goods a must
- Sales Operations/Planning experience with Sephora and/or Ulta required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Logistics, Supply Chain, Marketing/Communications, or related field
- 5+ years in sales/business operations
- Ability to generate adhoc reporting to support business needs
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Life/Accident Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Professional Development Resources
- 401(k) Employer Match Program
This position is based in our El Segundo, CA headquarters, which is currently 40% hybrid onsite/remote work.
The expected base salary for this position is $135,000 to $145,000. The exact base salary is determined by various factors including experience, skills, education, geographic location, and budget. This position is also eligible for participation in the company discretionary bonus plan, based on personal performance and company results. In addition to base salary, Murad offers a competitive benefits package to eligible employees, including medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, life insurance, accident insurance, critical illness insurance, disability insurance, retirement savings plans and company match, paid family leave, education-related programs, paid holidays, discretionary vacation time, and more.
Murad is committed to equal treatment and opportunity in all aspects of recruitment, selection, and employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ethnicity, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other category protected under the law. Murad is an equal opportunity employer; committed to creating a community of inclusion, and an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.