Unit is building the platform to power the next generation of financial services. Our mission is to help companies expand financial access for all. Our simple and powerful banking-as-a-service API helps companies launch bank accounts, cards, payments, and lending in weeks - not years.
Unit was founded by a team with deep fintech and financial services experience and the first banking-as-a-service platform to reach unicorn status. We have raised over $169 million to date from top investors including Insight Partners, Accel, Better Tomorrow Ventures, Aleph, and Flourish and serve 140+ customers including AngelList, Honeybook, Roofstock, and many more.THE ROLE
Unit is looking for a Director of Revenue Operations to help further accelerate our growth by helping to improve our sales performance and efficiency. You’ll ensure we have best-in-class systems, processes, tools and analytical horsepower to fuel our broader go-to-market (GTM) function. This is a pivotal role that directly contributes to the success of our GTM teams.
We’re looking for someone who is eager to build a new standard for RevOps within a hyper growth SaaS business. We are looking for a proactive self-starter, who thrives in environments with multiple cross-functional stakeholders with varying priorities. You can more than hold your own with the day-to-day requests, but your real passion is digging deep, finding out the “why,” and providing insights to the Revenue Organization to make better decisions.
As an early hire on the Revenue Operations team, you’ll get the chance to shape the function and have lots of autonomy and impact. You will report to our Head of Sales and be their main operational partner supporting the successful development and execution of our strategy. This is a NYC-based position located at our headquarters in Union Square.Key Responsibilities
What We’re Looking For
- Forecasting and Planning: Work closely with Finance and Head of Sales to develop accurate revenue forecasts and sales projections. Provide insights into potential revenue risks and opportunities. Proactively monitors and ensures high levels of quality, accuracy, and process consistency in the sales organization’s planning and forecasting efforts.
- Analytics and Reporting: Collaborate with Sales and Marketing leadership to model, forecast, and report on key metrics like pipeline velocity and capacity, bookings, conversions, and forecast accuracy, and identify factors that could impact growth objectives. Build a robust analytical base and recommend KPIs for making data driven decisions across our full funnel. Proactively analyzes all aspects of sales data and rep productivity data, and provides actionable recommendations.
- Sales Process Optimization: Works closely with the Head of Sales to improve sales processes to ensure we are maximizing velocity and win rates. Identify bottlenecks, streamline workflows, and implement best practices to drive efficiency and effectiveness.
- Tech Stack: help plan, optimize and implement sales tech stack, including CRM, sales engagement platforms, and analytics tools. Ensure seamless integration between systems to provide a unified view of the sales process. Work with the marketing organization to maintain and improve current integrations to ensure completeness and accuracy of data and reporting throughout the sales and marketing funnel and to ensure marketing and sales activities are aligned. Works with Head of Sales to optimize the effectiveness and usage of all technology investments
- Communications: Responsible for working with the Head of Sales on all communication plans for the sales organization and ensuring any messaging and content is delivered through the appropriate means.
- Revenue Policies & Governance: Assist in the creation of formal revenue policies (like rules of engagement ), management of policies and data governance.
- Experience: 10+ years of Revenue Operations or Sales Operations experience, with a minimum of 3+ years leading a RevOps team. Worked within a high growth, B2B SaaS environment with both complex enterprise and high volume mid-market businesses. Proven experience and success unlocking growth and productivity improvements in sales.
- Proactive Owner you don’t wait to be told there are problems or issues to be solved and are a true COO type partner to the Head of Sales. You proactively anticipate challengers and swiftly implement scalable solutions that always optimize efficiency.
- Strategic / Execution Balance: Strategic mindset with the ability to balance long-term goals with day-to-day operational needs. Solid project management skills, high attention to detail and the ability to prioritize and balance multiple projects
- Forward thinking: Ability to solve complex problems and articulate the root cause and recommended solutions. A strong ability to address current day challenges and account for what is needed now and in the future.
- Operational Excellence: Able to drive projects to completion and organize/prioritize work for self and the teams. Sustain execution and urgency in the work processes. Experience working in a fast-paced environment with the ability to lead multiple projects and relationships with changing and/or competing priorities
- Data Driven and Analytical: you are a master of numbers and proactively slice and dice data in multiple ways to detect conclusive patterns. You are always asking questions and are never satisfied till you receive answers. You derive meaningful insights from data and proactively bring them forward in a digestible, useful way
- Communication: Excellent communication skills; ability to establish rapport with internal stakeholders including cross functional partners, executive team members and a proven ability to build buy-in for recommendations across all levels
- Systems: Experience administering and enhancing systems (Salesforce, Hubspot, data sources, prospecting tools) that GTM teams use daily
The base salary for this role is expected to be $175,000 - $200,000 per year. In addition to generous benefits, this role is eligible for equity and variable compensation. The final offer will be decided by factors including experience level, expertise, and location.LIFE AT UNIT
Working at Unit means joining a global team on a mission to create a more equitable financial ecosystem.
We’re a fast-growing team of individuals who are passionate about their work, see the big picture and always seek to empower our clients and their end-customers.
Compensation Range: $175K - $200K