It’s an exciting time to be at Infoblox. Named a Top 25 Cyber Security Company by The Software Report and one of Inc
. magazine’s Best Workplaces for 2020, Infoblox is the leader in cloud-first networking and security services. Our solutions empower organizations to take full advantage of the cloud to deliver network experiences that are inherently simple, scalable, and reliable for everyone. Infoblox customers are among the largest enterprises in the world and include 70% of the Fortune 500, and our success depends on bright, energetic, talented people who share a passion for building the next generation of networking technologies—and having fun along the way.
We are looking for a Senior Strategic Pricing Deal Desk Manager to join our Commercial Finance team in Tacoma, Washington, (hybrid) or anywhere in the US (remote), reporting to the director of Commercial Finance. In this role, you will lead the global pricing/economics support for FY24-26 tech refresh program. Partnering with Sales, you will look at customer historical spending and current pricing models to develop pricing recommendations and deal structures to convert customers to our subscription and SaaS licensing models. You will also generate and drive solutions that help our Deal Desk and deal processes scale to support the constantly evolving needs of our business.
You are the ideal candidate if you thrive on making an impact in a fast-paced organization, combining your commercial savvy and your desire to coach others how to structure and price deals to grow our business.What you’ll do:
What you’ll bring:
- Partner, in a trusted advisor capacity, with Sales leadership, Account teams, and other internal partners
- Advise on the pros and cons of deal structures, manage risk within contractual terms and structure, and take ownership of final approval decisions
- Brainstorm with Account teams to develop concession strategies that both optimize revenue and protect margins
- Provide financial modeling (TCO) to support pricing for target customers
- Evaluate the economic impact of potential changes to customer pricing and promotions
- Establish best practices for optimized pricing and deal structures for sales plays
- Evaluate and quantify economic savings moving from on-prem to SaaS
- Assist with complex contract negotiations and manage the approval process, including liaising with involved internal groups such as Legal, Finance, etc.
- Lead and/or assist special projects and initiatives within Deal Desk or cross functional quote to contract
- Collaborate with the Finance, Legal, and Operations departments to optimize contract terms and close deals
What success looks like:
- 10+ years of demonstrated experience in pricing strategy, sales financial analysis, or relevant experience
- Proven experience leading and influencing at various levels across an organization to drive outcomes
- Superior analytical background with solid problem-solving skills
- Highly effective communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to explain concepts clearly and credibly across all levels of the organization
- Ability to identify variables, risks, and opportunities within a deal and influence the deal with your recommendations
- Adept at thinking on your feet and adjusting to ambiguity
- Bachelor’s degree required
After six months, you will…
After About a Year, You Will…
- Understand our Go to Market (GTM) commercial strategy for the FY24-26 tech refresh program
- Act independently as a trusted advisor to the Sales organization
- Support deals on our largest accounts
We’ve got you covered:
- Lead the execution of our FY24-26 tech refresh program
- Drive enhancements to the FY24-26 tech refresh program for FY25
In the spirit of pay transparency, we are excited to share our compensation philosophy. At Infoblox, we believe in paying for performance. You can expect our employment offers to take many factors into consideration, including but not limited to the location of the role, internal equity, applicable past experience, individual skill set, education, and professional certifications. Please keep in mind that the range mentioned is the base salary range for the role. The typical base salary range for this position in Washington is $140,000 - $200,000 and $150,000 - $220,000 in California, plus corporate bonus potential.
Our holistic benefits
package includes coverage of your health, wealth, and wellness—as well as a great work environment, employee programs, and company culture. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including a 401k with company match and generous paid time off to help you balance your life. We have a strong culture and live our values
every day—we believe in transparency, curiosity, respect, and above all, having fun while delighting our customers.
Speaking of a great work environment, here are just a few of the perks you may enjoy, depending on your location…
- Onsite massages, clubs, farmers market, and fitness classes
- Delicious and healthy snacks and beverages
- Electric vehicle charging stations
- Outdoor amenities, seating, and courtyard BBQ
- Dog park and pet-friendly programs
- Newly remodeled offices with state-of-the-art amenities
We’ve created a culture that embraces diversity, equity, and inclusion
and rewards innovation, curiosity, and creativity. We achieve remarkable results by working together in a supportive environment that focuses on continuous learning and embraces change. So, whether you’re a software engineer, marketing manager, customer care pro, or product specialist, you belong here, where you will have the opportunity to grow and develop your career. Check out what it’s like to be a Bloxer.
We think you’ll be excited to join our team.