The database market is massive (IDC estimates it to be $121B+ by 2025!) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. At MongoDB we are transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
MongoDB is revolutionizing the enterprise software market, by disrupting database solutioning and redefining what it means to compute at scale. Our mission is simple; we aim to free the genius within everyone, by making data stunningly easy to work with. To fuel our continued rapid growth, we always look for talented individuals who can help enhance how we deliver value to our customers.
Our Sales Strategy and Planning team is part of our broader Sales Operations team reporting to the CRO - we obsess about helping Sales act faster and grow faster! This new function acts as business partners to our Senior Sales Leaders. Your responsibilities will range across a variety of strategic initiatives including analyzing inefficient business rules, piloting new sales roles, optimizing for obstacles in the sales process, and analyzing sales data to come up with meaningful business insights.
We are seeking to hire a Senior Sales Strategy and Planning analyst to partner with our ANZ sales teams to help drive the business execution and analytics dedicated to the ANZ business within MDB. Your success in this role will be underpinned by building strong relationships and credibility within the senior leadership team, drive to develop and launch strategic initiatives that will help us to continuously accelerate sales revenue. You understand what makes a Sales team thrive, have a strong interest in telling stories through data analysis, and thrive in shaping narratives that are conducive to helping our business grow!
- Partner with ANZ Sales leadership to drive market + segment specific insights
- Lead the strategy design and implementation of regional initiatives critical to the transformation of our sales business in ANZ
- Ultimately to be seen as a trusted Business Partner, providing essential business operational support as well as acting as a sounding board for the key business questions from our ANZ leadership
- Help drive the analytical rhythm of our business including quarterly business reviews, org deep dives and dashboards that enable our sales leadership to keep their finger on the pulse
- Become an expert in business and compensation rules to fully understand how Sales operates
- Conceptualize / pilot new programs to test the effectiveness of various sales roles / comp plans
- Participate in quarterly and annual business planning for the Sales teams
- Partner with our Corporate Finance team to run productivity and headcount scenario analyses
- Define success criteria and business management metrics
Our Ideal Candidate has/is
- A Bachelor’s Degree with a quantitative focus (Economics, Finance, Mathematics, etc.)
- At least 5 years of experience in either Sales Strategy / Consulting / Sales Operations / Analytics
- Experience supporting sales leadership in complex environments
- Strong SQL knowledge with an ability to write SQL queries to extract data needed for analysis
- Outstanding communicator who can break down convoluted technical concepts into simple business vernacular
- A spreadsheet wizard with the ability to manipulate and analyze data
- Experience with at least one major BI tool (Tableau, Google Data Studio, Looker)
- You are familiar with databases, and the differences between “relational” vs. “non relational”
- You can navigate your way around Salesforce / Salesforce reports with relative ease
What’s In It For You - Be comfortable where you work
- Feel Valued: A competitive compensation package
- Feel Engaged: Transparent and friendly culture, a ton of benefits, and company events
- Feel Impact: We pride ourselves on having a diverse and hard working sales organization
- Feel Comfortable: Optimize your workstation with your choice in laptop, and ergonomic gear
- Feel Challenged: Rub shoulders with some of the brightest people in the industry who welcome debate
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB is an equal opportunities employer.