The Vice President of Sales Operations will work with the company CRO on the development of Fusion’s revenue generation by delivering sales enablement, performance reporting, alignment of inputs and outputs between marketing, BDR and sales teams, identifying insights in performance opportunities as well as gaps and addressing them in a timely manner. You will play a key role in sales enablement, ensuring that our sales team has the tools and skills needed to succeed. Working closely with both the marketing and sales organizations to develop strategy and improvement opportunities. This is an outstanding opportunity for a Sales Operations leader with a proven track record of accountability, operational excellence, and building, enabling, and driving high-performing revenue generating teams to join a high-growth organization.
Key Responsibilities of this Role:
- Lead Sales Operations that include the following functions: sales enablement, performance reporting, GTM modeling, and alignment with the financial plan.
- Develop and implement processes, tools, and metrics to optimize the revenue generation process. Continuously monitor and analyze revenue performance, identify trends, and recommend actions to drive revenue growth and improve operational efficiency on a daily and weekly cadence.
- Work closely with sales leadership to develop accurate and reliable sales forecasts. Provide insights and recommendations based on pipeline analysis and market trends to support effective sales planning and resource allocation.
- Closely monitor the sales pipeline, analyzing the progress of deals at each stage and identifying potential bottlenecks or opportunities for improvement. You will work closely with the sales team to ensure accurate forecasting and effective pipeline management.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive sales enablement program that includes onboarding, training, and ongoing support for new hires throughout their 12-18 month journey.
- Responsible for reviewing and analyzing deals in the pipeline, assessing their viability, and providing recommendations to the sales team. This includes evaluating the financial aspects, risk factors, and strategic fit of each deal.
- Identify opportunities for process optimization and automation to streamline revenue operations and enhance productivity. Lead cross-functional initiatives to implement process improvements and drive operational excellence.
- Define and track key performance indicators (KPIs) to measure the effectiveness of revenue operations initiatives. Regularly report on KPIs to senior leadership and provide insights on performance trends and areas for improvement.
- Create and own models for productivity and team planning, surfacing insights and recommendations to leadership.
- Build and lead a high-performing revenue operations team. Provide coaching, guidance, and professional development opportunities to team members. Foster a culture of continuous learning and innovation.
- Lead roll-out of major sales changes such as new messaging and skills.
- Collaborate with our FP&A team to take analysis of our revenue organization performance to the next level, as well as automate reporting.
- Oversee compensation plans and commission payments for the revenue office.
- Maintain and improve a systematic training program for on-boarding and up
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Analytical aptitude and the ability to synthesize and apply insights for impact.
- Experience In implementation and enforcement of sales methodologies.
- Established ability to drive operational improvements and to enhance sales and marketing results.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proven track record of resilience, tenacity, and a “get it done” attitude, thriving under pressure while staying focused on delivering results.
- Solid Excel and PowerPoint experience required.
- Sound prioritization skills with a focus on impact
- Salesforce CRM experience strongly preferred.
- Understanding of a SaaS business model preferred
Qualifications (Education and Certifications)
- Bachelor’s degree with a passion for analytics, sales, marketing and business
- 10+ years of operations experience with 5+ years as a Revenue Operations/Sales Operations leader
- 5+ years’ experience managing team members in executing strategic initiatives.
This position may be performed remotely anywhere within the United States except for the states of New York, California, and Colorado.
Fusion is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, age, pregnancy, military service or discharge status, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin. Nothing in this job posting should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.