Vertex Service Partners (an Alpine Investors company)
Director Sales Operations
Location: Charlotte, NC
Vertex Service Partners is a company focused on acquiring and growing residential home improvement services companies in the United States, with a focus on residential roofing & other exterior services. Vertex is backed by Alpine Investors, a top-decile private equity fund with a long history of successful investments in similar industries. Vertex will be an investment out of Alpine’s 9th fund, which will have ~$4.0 billion of committed capital.
Mission of the Role:
The Sales Operations Director will collaborate with partner leadership to create and implement a foundation for salesforce enablement and effectiveness. This includes standardization of systems, processes, tools, KPI’s, and dashboards. They will support the business operating rhythm with standard KPI dashboards that drive business improvements, salesperson hiring, development, and overall salesperson excellence.
· Define, standardize, and implement sales processes across all partner businesses.
· Define, standardize, and implement sales KPI dashboards and create operating reviews with ELT and partners.
· Design sales academy curriculum and determine delivery method for partner businesses (e.g., regional, local, etc.).
· Partner with HR, local training teams, and partner businesses on workforce strategy, onboarding program and ongoing sales development.
· Support ongoing implementation of Service Titan and future sales facing systems.
· Partner with HR to analyze current sales incentive plans and design standard SIP for all partner businesses.
This role allows one to:
- Take on a senior leadership role in a rapidly growing company.
- Build a team from scratch.
- Work with a collaborative, entrepreneurial, and results oriented senior leadership team.
- Build a relationship with a dynamic and engaged private equity firm.
- Demonstrated experience improving process, managing change and creating adoption strategies in sales organizations.
- Demonstrated experience designing and delivering salesforce learning and development programs for sales leaders and sellers.
- Demonstrated experience developing standardized sales KPI dashboards to facilitate sales operating reviews.
- Demonstrated experience managing multiple projects in fast paced sales organization
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate across organization at all levels of the business.
- Demonstrated experience developing change management strategies for sales transformation.
- Demonstrated experience managing and designing sales incentive plans.
- Prior experience working in the Home Services industry.
- Demonstrated success working in matrix environment and influencing across functions.
- Knowledge of and experience with instructional design frameworks like ADDIE.
- Knowledge of and experience with developing sales talent programs.
- Experience being an LMS administrator.
- Experience with Predictive Index.
· Analytical thinking – influences business direction with data.
· Clear Thinker – can communicate complexity with clear and concise messaging at all levels of the organization.
· Process oriented with discipline and focus on improvements – Problem Solving capability.
· Influencing – able to manage from a position of responsibility versus authority.