Microsoft’s mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. As employees we come together with a growth mindset, innovate to empower others, and collaborate to realize our shared goals. Each day we build on our values of respect, integrity, and accountability to create a culture of inclusion where everyone can thrive at work and beyond.
The Deal Desk is an organization of ~300 employees worldwide. Our primary goal is to drive growth and profit by structuring winning commercial deals. We look at deal concessions as levers to meet customers’ needs, and we strive to bring a balanced view to individual deals by weighing short-term needs and long-term strategic goals. We have expertise in deal structuring, licensing, pricing, investments, custom Terms & Conditions and deal storytelling, across the entire portfolio of commercial offerings, Consulting and Support services.
We are looking for a Services Contract Managers (SCM) Director, Americas Deal Desk who embodies Microsoft’s model, coach, care approach to people management. This person will be a strategic thinker and problem solver to drive contract solutions in a way that balances business needs, opportunities, and risks, all with the goal of meeting both Microsoft and customer objectives. To be successful in this role you need to be a leader who can create and nurture a People-first inclusive culture. You need the capability to build teams, drive change and bring others along while fostering trusting relationships cross-functionally. You need to possess sound business judgment and demonstrate the flexibility needed to navigate ambiguity in a collaborative environment.Responsibilities
- Attract, retain, and develop a high performing Services Contract Managers team.
- Support the creation of an inclusive culture where your team can operate as their authentic selves.
- Make empowered decisions on customer agreements, exercising sound business judgment.
- Identify and drive improvements for contracts solutions across our portfolio of services and our internal processes and governance
- Establish business partnerships with stakeholders
- Ensure governance and compliance
- Collaborate with sales, legal, finance, and other business groups, to drive the desired business outcomes.
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Operations, Finance or related field AND 8+ years work experience in deal making, contract negotiation, solution sales, product management, strategy consulting, finance, business/corporate development
- OR equivalent experience.
- 15+ years of deal making, contract negotiation, solution sales, product management, strategy consulting, finance, business/corporate development, or related experience
- A track record of building teams
- Business judgement leveraging strategic thinking complemented with a bias for action and execution/operational excellence.
- Experience working across diverse stakeholders to win deals and define and execute deal approaches with passion, precision, and excellence.
- Communication and leadership skills, comfort engaging across all levels.
- Experience working across diverse groups of internal and external stakeholders.
- Public Sector industry, consulting, and support experience.
- Contract management experience with United States Federal and/or State and Local Government
- Security clearance up to Top Secret level preferred
Business Program Management IC6 - The typical base pay range for this role across the U.S. is USD $124,800 - $266,800 per year. There is a different range applicable to specific work locations, within the San Francisco Bay area and New York City metropolitan area, and the base pay range for this role in those locations is USD $159,000 - $292,200 per year.
Certain roles may be eligible for benefits and other compensation. Find additional benefits and pay information here: https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/us-corporate-pay
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. Consistent with applicable law, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, citizenship, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, immigration status, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran or military status, race, ethnicity, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable local laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application process, read more about requesting accommodations.