It’s about more than the right fit. We’re looking for the right connection.
At Nextiva, it’s our team members that make Nextiva a great place to work. Nexties are smart, driven, and the best in class at what they do. We’re changing the game in the software industry with the first of its kind, conversation-centric work hub that unifies team collaboration, customer management & engagement in ONE single application.
Since its founding in 2008, more than 100,000 companies rely on Nextiva for customer and team communication. We believe in the power of strong connections; connections to our customers with our signature Amazing Service®, our products and services, and most importantly, each other.
Build Amazing - Deliver Amazing - Live Amazing - Be Amazing
The Inside (Direct) Sales Manager’s mission is simple… to grow the business and lead a team of Direct Sales Account Executives enabling everyone to grow their career and make an impact!
The Manager will drive results of a team of 8-10 quota-carrying AEs by developing the team and driving daily sales activity in accordance with Nextiva’s sales methodology to exceed assigned monthly sales revenue targets. They will view challenges as opportunities and look beyond the quota to focus on potential, never settling. They have the ability and desire to thrive in a fast paced, rapid growth environment, with perseverance to find creative and effective ways to increase productivity and results.
The Manager will be a player-coach. They will develop skills of their team, hold everyone accountable and inspire a high-performance culture. They will be hands on and lead from the front, personally demonstrating the skills required to succeed. When needed, they will step in and close business to ensure the team exceeds their target. They will be approachable, available, accountable, and trustworthy. Finally, they will be organized and planful, always ensuring there is a structured path for each member of their team daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly.You will Rock this Role if you have the following characteristics:
Build Effective Teams
- Use a structured yet agile Customer Centric methodology to understand the customer’s needs and propose solutions for their business
- Proactively manage pipeline, accurately forecasting daily/weekly/monthly bookings for each AE and the team
- Manage team and AE productivity with consistent measurement and inspection of sales performance and KPIs
- Coach and support AEs in generating and qualifying leads, leading product demo, handling objections and closing to exceed quota
- Maintain an Amazing Service culture, starting from the customer’s initial contact
- Develop a sense of urgency to close all customer conversations to beat the competition
Sales Tools and Selling Process Effectiveness
- Lead from the front, being resilient, with passion and desire to win
- Hold regular 1:1’s and team meetings to review previous results, active and aged pipeline, discuss lessons learned and coach areas for improvement
- Hold AEs accountable to daily performance standards/KPIs
- Teach and demonstrate strong value-selling behaviors that will drive results when needed
- Stay current on industry developments and teach your teams to drive continuous improvement in sales skills and product knowledge
- Understand how to motivate the team, and implement team contests/recognition to boost competition and instill fun
- Develop simplicity, forward-thinking and caring in the team culture
- Manage under performers proactively, with transparent communication, improvement plans and replacement criteria to maintain high standards of performance and ensure team success
- Proactively seeks feedback from others
- Open to constructive feedback and talking about how to address shortcomings
- Admits mistakes and gains insights from experience
Build Collaborative Relationships
- Demonstrate discipline and rigor in having a plan to manage the day/week/month/quarter and teaching team members to do the same
- Coach and hold AEs accountable for following sales methodology and process on all customer interactions
- Demonstrate proficiency with the use of Salesforce (sales stages, account, opportunity, quoting, and Salesforce reporting) to inspect and manage team performance
- Familiarity with sales tools and processes to strengthen AE performance (LinkedIn Sales Navigator, ZoomInfo)
- Enforce good systems and tools hygiene for accurate forecasting and customer insight
- Work in partnership with Marketing on demand generation programs required to exceed target
- Collaborate with Sales Operations and L&D and to identify/execute incremental sales skills or product training to improve close ratios and increase productivity
- Shows leadership and confidence under pressure and through adversity to help others stay focused
- Connects and participates in industry forums or groups to stay on the leading edge of the industry and share best practices
- Quickly bounces back from setbacks by restoring performance to KPIs
- Ensure a positive hand-off to the Customer Success team that promotes a one-Nextiva customer experience
Metrics of Success (KPIs):
- 5+ years of high-performance leading Direct Sales teams in a SaaS, general technology or telecommunications environment
- Demonstrated prior success in achieving measurable business goals in a high velocity sales environment
- Experience in a fast-paced, high growth business environment
- Advanced proficiency in SalesForce.com, and competent in Word and Excel
- Demonstrates business insight
- Flexibility to work shifts that cover coast-to-coast hours. Sales team hours can start as early as 5AM for the East Coast and as late as 9AM for the West Coast. Direct Sales Manager may be required to be “on call” from time to time before or after their core hours to assist their team.
- Willingness to work 100% on-site at our Scottsdale HQ
Performance and effectiveness will be evaluated on the influence and impact the Manager has on the team’s results and will include the following.
Your Success Depends On Your Commitment
- Prospecting – number of quality new leads acquired
- Close ratio – lead to quote, quote to sale, one call close
- Time to close – from lead to close
- MRR – Monthly recurring revenue
- Attrition of team members – regrettable vs. non-regrettable
We invest in our employee’s development and care deeply about your ability to grow. We want Nextiva to not be just a job, but a career.
Personal and Professional Development is at Your Fingertips. You’ll have many resources to continually improve the focus areas associated with your role, and also to prepare for your future career growth. Nextiva has invested in world class training programs to help you improve in your current role, but also to prepare for your future ambition.Compensation, Rewards & Benefits
Nextiva provides a comprehensive employee benefits package that includes medical (including supplemental plans for accident, hospitalization and critical illness), telemedicine, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, legal assistance, an Employee Assistance Plan, paid parental bonding leave, PTO for hourly employees and Flexible Time Off (FTO) for salaried employees, an employee long-term savings plan (401k) through Fidelity with Nextiva matching, comprehensive employee wellness programs and loads of learning and development opportunities which are coupled with career paths to last a lifetime.Interested in joining our amazing team at Nextiva HQ? Apply today as we launch the future of business conversations!
🚀To check out what’s going on at Nextiva, check us out on Instagram, Instagram (MX), YouTube, LinkedIn, and the Nextiva blog.
In 2022, Nextiva has been recognized by Comparably as the ‘Best Place to Work’ in the following categories: Best Company Leadership, Best CEO for Women, Best Global Culture, and Best Places to Work in Phoenix.
Additional workplace awards include 2021 LinkedIn Talent Employee Engagement Champion, Comparably’s Best CEO 2021, Best Company Culture 2021 and 2018, Best Company Compensation 2022, 2021 and 2019, and Glassdoor’s 2020 Best Places to Work.Nextiva is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Nextiva participates in the E-Verify Program where and as required by law. For additional information about E-Verify visit USCIS