USTO is part of the Travelopia group, which is one of the world’s leading specialist travel groups providing customers with a diverse range of unique travel experiences. This includes adventure travel, safaris, private jet and polar expeditions, tailor-made luxury holidays, yacht and river boat charter holidays, educational and sporting based school trips, corporate hospitality and sporting event fan travel. Private equity owned by KKR, Travelopia is headquartered in the UK with offices and marine bases all over the world.
USTO comprises two sister brands Europe Express and YMT Vacations, each providing decades of experience in custom independent and group travel for North American travelers throughout Europe and other popular destinations around the world. Together they are a $100 million+ revenue business, a significant and strategically important part of the $1billion+ Travelopia portfolio.
Established in 1990, Europe Express provides high-quality, custom travel to Europe for their North American clients. The company serves both private group and FIT leisure markets, working exclusively with travel advisors to book everything from air and rail to hotels and sightseeing tours. YMT is an industry-leading guided tour specialist for North American travelers. Since 1967, the company has offered affordable land, cruise, and river cruise tours to the most popular destinations around the world.
Europe Express is looking for an experienced, dynamic, travel industry professional to lead our inside sales support team. The Sales Operations Manager is responsible for managing the reservations coordinator team working in a virtual call center environment. This team is responsible for assisting our Travel Agent community with any support required as it pertains to individual reservations.
Monday to Friday being flexible to work any shift between 5am-5:30pm Pacific time and rotating Saturdays working 7:30am-4pm Pacific time. Flexible coverage between those hours is necessary but a set schedule within that time period would be set. When working a Saturday, you would receive the Monday off. All Sales Managers are required to participate in the on-call schedule which runs after hours every 9-12 weeks. The hours for the on-call schedule could be 6-11pm or 4:30 to midnight Pacific time (you would only need to answer when receiving an emergency call).
What you will be doing:
- Manage daily operations of the call center team supporting customer requests for changes pre-departure and in destination service disruptions
- Consistently review processes and service levels to meet volume demands while identifying tools for greater efficiencies
- Mentor and guide Reservations Coordinator team by setting performance targets and ensuring they have the resources and training required to meet them
- Assists Sales Managers in identifying and implementing strategies to improve the quality of service, productivity and profitability
- Use CRM system to analyze customer barriers and provide recommendations to improve customer experience
- Maintain current knowledge of core products and destinations
- Investigate and resolve intensified customer support concerns
- Participation in after-hours on call rotation
What we are looking for:
- Experience managing customer facing teams within a call centre environment desirable
- Proven leadership ability to influence, develop, and empower employees to achieve objectives with a team approach
- Strong knowledge of European destinations
- Excellent presentation and public speaking skills
- Ability to communicate effectively and efficiently with all levels of employees
- Highly passionate about internal and external customer solutions and satisfaction
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Office products, reservations systems, Hubspot and GDS, preferably Amadeus
- Proven track record to work under pressure and meet deadlines, ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
We believe people are happier and perform best when they are able to be their true self, and that diverse teams deliver better results.
Together we will cultivate a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment, where everyone can flourish. We are committed to driving change through increasing awareness of, and counteracting, unconscious bias; building an inclusive culture, and embracing diversity in all its dimensions.
Travelopia is committed to ensuring a work environment that is open, accessible, and inclusive, removing barriers for all individuals. If you require accommodations/additional support to participate in the recruitment and selection process, kindly inform us. Our hiring team will work with you to provide suitable accommodations/additional in a timely and confidential manner. Information received will be handled with the utmost discretion.
To request accommodations, please contact our team at Talent@Travelopia.com
We look forward to getting to know you!