City BBQ started in Columbus, OH in 1999 and we have now grown to 67 locations in 8 states. The search is on for a talented and enthusiastic Catering Sales & Operations Manager to join our team in Greenville, SC. We will be opening this new location in January 2024. This person should have a strong cold-calling and B2B sales background as well as experience in Catering Operations. We offer a great base salary + commissions structure in addition to a nice benefits package. Please send your resume in confidence today.
CATERING SALES/OPERATIONS AND WEDDING MANAGER – GREENVILLE
Position Summary: This position combines the responsibilities of the Catering Sales Manager, Catering Operations Manager and the Wedding Coordinator. At City Barbeque the responsibility for sales and wedding development as well as the coordination of all catering events, outside sales events, wedding events as well as catering operations for a new market until sales reach a level of adding the next position.
Reports to: Regional Catering Director
Key Sales and Wedding Responsibilities:
· Direct Sales, Wedding & business development: Creates a targeted game plan for increasing Regional Catering Sales with weddings and corporate events.
- Focuses on revenue-producing activity and maximizes selling time by dedicated to direct Sales efforts and local marketing.
- This involves strategic planning, cold calling, sales presentations/meetings and effective closing sales techniques.
- Comfort in cold calling venues and vendors relating the industry to increase business referrals.
- Represent company at bridal shows and industry related events to book catering leads.
- Use of proper phone etiquette and phone procedures.
- Represents themselves in a professional, hospitable manner to guests and staff members.
- Works closely with local joint management team and shares information regularly with other regional catering sales managers to stay abreast of clients, trends and lead opportunities.
- Active involvement in networking events.
- Meets established sales goals per quarter.
- Knowledge of catering menu and ability to talk clients through logistics of varying event types.
- Ability to properly communicate with potential guests via phone, email or in person to collect necessary information, answer questions, and upsell
- Managing various service channels to include answering the phone, online website requests, and requests made in restaurant at variable times throughout the week.
· Contact Management: Manages and communicates client info and ordering process thru the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system
- Creates and utilizes an ongoing prospect list, in order to ensure incremental growth.
- Maintains daily, well- documented information in CRM, resulting in superior account service and increased revenues.
- Key Account Management: Manages existing accounts, to ensure ongoing support and repeat catering sales.
- Promptly follows up on all customer calls and requests in an efficient and expedient manner.
· Ordering Logistics: Manages the catering order process from customer to the catering team and to the joint team.
- Ensuring order details are clearly communicated to operations producing and managing the event
- Tending to specialty requests and orders
- Represents themselves with the highest level of integrity and professionalism. Maintains a Service-focused approach, and a caring and sincere attitude at all times.
Key Catering Operations Responsibilities:
- Team Development:
- Develops and manages an operations team to fulfill “Best on the Block” event expectations.
· Constantly evaluates staffing levels, proactively recruiting and hiring to fulfill event staffing needs
· Directs all aspects of professional team development including new hire training, ongoing development, recognition, succession planning, coaching/counseling and performance evaluations
· Financial Management
- Responsible for P&L management, including food, paper, labor and supplies
- Manages the ordering of supplies, paper, food, equipment, uniforms when needed.
- and manages upkeep of catering assets, equipment and vehicles
· Logistics Management
· Directs event planning and logistics handling for all market events including the following:
- Effectively uses Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tool to ensure order clarity and coordination of events.
- Event staffing & scheduling
- Execution of production reports and other systems that direct proper food production, packaging and delivery for events
· Event Operations:
· Directly and indirectly ensures successful daily event operations including, but not limited to:
§ Working with restaurant managers and teammates to meet sales and operational goals for each event
§ Timely delivery and set-up
§ Responsibly delivering product and supplies to and from event(s)
§ Competition quality product
§ Backyard hospitality given
§ Customer conflict resolution.
· Solid knowledge of local area is essential
· Thorough experience with sales/negotiation/closing process
· Must possess excellent communication skills both internally and externally
· Polished and professional in demeanor and presentation with great attention to detail and the ability to react very quickly in a very fast paced and exciting dynamic environment
· Proactive with the ability to remain calm under pressure and to anticipate and support changes
· Minimum 3-5 years of experience as a Catering/Events manager or similar role
· Talented, passionate, knowledge of food in restaurant & catering industry experience
· Ability to assess client requirements and deliver ensuring client satisfaction
· Solid business and financial experience. Strong analytical and measurement/tracking skills
· Project and process management skills, including: effective management of time and budget; able to balance and prioritize multiple tasks to meet deadlines; identify and implement system and process improvements
· Client focused with excellent customer service
· Team players who want to be part of a winning team
· Must be driven and able to operate autonomously
· Strong computer skills including Word and Excel. Has the ability to learn new systems. Able to learn and adjust to systems that City Barbeque uses to execute on a daily basis
· Must have weekend availability and the ability to work a flexible, and ever-changing schedule