Join the Amazon Web Services (AWS) Sales, Marketing, and Global Services Ops (SMGS Ops) team! AWS is one of Amazon’s fastest growing businesses, serving millions of customers in more than 190 countries. We are reshaping the way global enterprises use information technology and we are powering the next generation of global business leaders. We are looking for entrepreneurial, analytical, creative, flexible leaders to help us redefine the information technology industry. If you want to join a fast-paced, innovative team that is making history, this is the place for you.
The successful candidate will be an expert with SQL, ETL and have exemplary communication skills. The candidate will need to be comfortable with ambiguity in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment, and able to think big while paying careful attention to detail. The candidate will know and love working with business intelligence tools, can model multidimensional datasets, and can partner with customers to answer key business questions.
Key job responsibilities
- Own the design, development, and maintenance of scalable solutions for ongoing metrics, reports, analyses and dashboards to support analytical and business needs
- Work with business customers to gather requirements and deliver reporting and analytical solutions
- Troubleshoot operational data-quality issues, while driving data democratization throughout the organization, enabling others to self-serve their data needs
- Write queries and output efficiently, and have in-depth knowledge of the data available in area of expertise
- Recommend improvements to back-end data sources and implement data quality checks for increased accuracy and simplicity
- Recognize and adopt best practices in reporting and analysis, including data integrity, accuracy, reliability and documentation
A day in the life
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have twelve employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.About The Team
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Seattle, WA, USABasic Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience) in a quantitative or business field
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in analytics and business intelligence
- 5+ years of experience using SQL to derive insights from large (billions of rows), complex databases
- Advanced Excel skills
- Experience building analytical or reporting/visualization solutions using standard business intelligence tools such as Tableau, QuickSight, etc.
- Master’s degree (or equivalent experience) in a quantitative or business field
- Familiarity with AWS products and tools
- Experience with scripting languages such as Python and R
- Experience in partnering with business owners to understand requirements and develop supporting analysis to solve business problems
- Familiarity with management concepts such as forecasting and variance analysis
- Ability to manage tight deadlines, prioritize workload and achieve effective results in a dynamic, growing and often ambiguous environment
- Ability to communicate complex ideas simply, coherently and fluently, both verbally and in writing
- Proven analytical and quantitative skills and ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions and develop business cases
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $70,400/year in our lowest geographic market up to $169,500/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.Company
- Amazon Web Services, Inc.
Job ID: A2499299