The driving force behind our success has always been the people of AspenTech. What drives us, is our aspiration, our desire and ambition to keep pushing the envelope, overcoming any hurdle, challenging the status quo to continually find a better way. You will experience these qualities of passion, pride and aspiration in many ways — from a rich set of career development programs to support of community service projects to social events that foster fun and relationship building across our global community.
The Regional Manager, Commercial Office helps to manage and execute the software license business, with the goal of maximizing the growth and quality of AspenTech’s business in the region.
The objective of the position is to work with the regional sales management and operations to better plan the license business, adopt best practices in driving growth in a consistent manner, and help execute high-quality deals.
- Providing deal advice and approval including the early identification and escalation of potential issues related to deal approval, direct understanding of all deals in the pipeline including compelling reasons to close.
- Facilitate the deal approval process by ensuring deal structure is understood and supported by key stakeholders.
- Actively support the Field Sales team to manage and grow the license business to meet bookings and growth targets.
- Provide training to sales team on the creation and use of pricing tools.
- Providing key business visibility and analyses, information and insight into the business including detailed analysis around the renewal business.
- Providing feedback to the Commercial Office and Sales Operations on issues related to pricing tools and overall approval process.
What You'll Need
- Excellent problem solving and analysis skills including experience in solving commercial, operational, and financial complexities in partnership with cross functional teams.
- Sales or Sales Operations experience helpful.
- Industry/domain experience helpful – including Manufacturing and Supply Chain and/or Performance Engineering experience.
- Exceptional analytical and communication skills.
- Understanding of the solution selling process.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, including MS Excel.
- Bachelor’s degree required.