At DP World we are on a journey to become the leading end to end logistics solution provider and Freight is a key part of this journey. We are excited to present our new Freight Division, based at London Gateway, Essex. This will be a new department with ambitious growth, we are looking for an experienced Inside Sales Profession with Air and Ocean Fright experience, to be the foundation for our journey and the beginning of our growth.
As our Inside Sales Specialist, you will play a crucial role in generating revenue and maintaining strong customer relationships within the industry. You will be responsible for selling logistics services, managing customer inquiries, and coordinating shipments to ensure timely and efficient delivery.
Our ideal candidate will ideally have logistics industry experience, you will be a strong communicator within an operational environment and ideally pricing experience. You don’t have to tick every box to be our perfect candidate, our recruitment team are keen to speak to experienced freight professionals who are up to the challenge of shaping this new venture.
Location: Stanford le Hope
Hours: Full-time, 37.5 hours per week (Mon-Fri)
Closing Date: 15th November 2023
About the Role:
- The inside sales will be required and expected to perform Telesales and Telemarketing calls in order to target potential customers, and deliver compelling sales pitches to prospective customers.
- Customer Service, directing customer through shipment process, guiding customer in cases of deviation, providing shipment reports to customers, building strong relationship to customer etc.
- Prizing: Providing existing customers with prizes for new shipments/business
- Inside Sales: Contacting new customers via mail, phone, vidcon: Gaining new business
- Serve as a primary point of contact for certain existing clients, address customer inquiries promptly and maintain strong, long-term customer relationships.
- Selling logistics services, managing customer inquiries and coordinating shipments to ensure timely and efficient delivery
- Will provide the customer rates and prices for his business, you will be the daily partner and face to our customers. Additionally, you will be required to support our operations clerks, during peak periods and during holidays/sickness cover as requested by the branch manager from time to time.
- Collaborate with the operations team to plan and coordinate shipments, ensure accurate and timely delivery, monitor shipment progress and resolve any issues that may arise.
- Maintain accurate record of sales, customer interactions and revenue
- Generate regular sales reports and forecasts.
- Stay updated on industry trends & competitors and identify opportunities of improvement and expansion.
- The ideal candidate will have operational experience in Air & Ocean, ideally with import & export experience, including customs entry preparation and submission.
- Ocean and or Air DG trained would be an advantage, if not training will be provided.
- A good understanding of customer service excellence accompanied by an alert & professional telephone manner.
- Proven experience in operations as a fundament of customer service and pricing tasks
- Proven experience in sales in the logistics industry
- Proficiency in using CRM and TMS software and other relevant tools
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational abilities
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Knowledge of freight forwarding operations and supply chain management
- Excellent communication skills when it comes to handling customers and a good command in English
DP World offers exciting and challenging roles within a growing international organization. We strive to hire and develop the right people, locally and globally, stimulating personal growth and self-development within an informal atmosphere. We offer a market competitive compensation package.
Employment is subject to the following:
- Ability to provide and obtain five years’ employment history and satisfactory references
- Subject to a DBS check (I would avoid stating no non-spent criminal convictions as it will be dependent on reporting any convictions to the CAA)
- The right to work in the UK
About DP World
Trade is the lifeblood of the global economy, creating opportunities and improving the quality of life for people around the world. DP World exists to make the world’s trade flow better, changing what’s possible for the customers and communities we serve globally.
With a dedicated, diverse and professional team of more than 103,000 employees spanning 75 countries on six continents, DP World is pushing trade further and faster towards a seamless supply chain that’s fit for the future.
We’re rapidly transforming and integrating our businesses -- Ports and Terminals, Marine Services, Logistics and Technology – and uniting our global infrastructure with local expertise to create stronger, more efficient end-to-end supply chain solutions that can change the way the world trades. The DP World family comprises of Syncreon, Imperial and P&O.
What's more, we're reshaping the future by investing in innovation. From intelligent delivery systems to automated warehouse stacking, we’re at the cutting edge of disruptive technology, pushing the sector towards better ways to trade, minimising disruptions from the factory floor to the customer’s door.
WE MAKE TRADE FLOW TO CHANGE WHAT'S POSSIBLE FOR EVERYONE
DP World is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO). We strongly believe that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success and we make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We believe that employees are happiest when they’re empowered to be their true, authentic selves. So, please come as you are. We can’t wait to meet you.