AVEVA is a global leader in industrial software. Our cutting-edge solutions are used by thousands of enterprises to deliver the essentials of life – such as energy, infrastructure, chemicals and minerals – safely, efficiently and more sustainably.
We’re the first software business in the world to have our sustainability targets validated by the SBTi, and we’ve been recognized for the transparency and ambition of our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We’ve also recently been named as one of the world’s most innovative companies.
If you’re a curious and collaborative person who wants to make a big impact through technology, then we want to hear from you! Find out more at https://www.aveva.com/en/about/careers/
Sales Operations is a high-performing, business critical, and strategic function that supports the sales organization to create an environment for sales success. The function works closely with sales leadership and drives investment in sales force effectiveness while managing the functions essential to deliver enhanced sales force productivity and performance.
This role will work closely with the Director of Sales Operations EMEA, as well as regional sales and sales operations leadership and other groups around the globe to drive overall productivity and effectiveness to the company.
- Align & embed the commercial Rhythm of the Business, supporting the commercial sales leadership team’s cadence of review and planning activities throughout the fiscal year.
- Ensure the sales teams run as effectively and productively as possible interacting with the sales team, leadership, global counterparts and supporting functions to drive revenue for the organization.
- Work closely with other functional business disciplines (Marketing, Legal, Commissions, HR, and others) to facilitate training, onboarding, and guide new sales team members.
- Provide sales leadership with data and make recommendations for improving sales funnel, sales processes, and results.
- Lead pipeline hygiene to ensure accurate forecasting to achieve objectives.
- Oversee the Sales portion of Salesforce.com activities including data entry, contracts, order entry / fulfillment.
- Ensure planning, forecasting, and budgeting efforts are appropriately integrated with other planning processes employed across the organization.
- Support the sales organization and provide counsel to the commercial sales leaders to implement sales objectives that appropriately reflect the corporate and regional goals of the organization.
- Partner with regional sales operations teams to support each of the regions’ needs while driving global consistency in tools, processes, and measurement to enhance both growth and productivity.
- Implement and manage globally standardized sales forecasting, opportunity management and planning, and budgeting processes to establish the highest levels of quality, accuracy, and process consistency.
- Provide system, process, contacts, and operational coaching to sales team members.
- Help resolve issues and offer alternative tactics and strategies to accomplish sales goals.
- Follow-up, track, and report on goals progress planned by the area, market, and leadership.
- Provide insights and review closely material deals, business growth, company and market commitments, pipeline and sales forecasts, account portfolios, and team performance.
Skills and Qualifications:
AVEVA requires all successful applicants to undergo and pass a comprehensive background check before they start employment. Background checks will be conducted in accordance with local laws and may, subject to those laws, include proof of educational attainment, employment history verification, proof of work authorization, criminal records, identity verification, credit check. Certain positions dealing with sensitive and/or third party personal data may involve additional background check criteria.
- Must have a positive attitude and be able to maintain professional, high-quality working relationships with members of the company globally and regardless of background or role.
- Ability to problem solve and remain resilient when solutions are not obvious, do not include your ideas, or take time to implement.
- Ability to handle multiple, simultaneous projects in a fast-paced environment while paying very close attention to detail.
- Advanced MS Office knowledge demonstrated prior use, and high-level current skills.
- Self-starter, highly motivated, disciplined, results driven, and a strong, team-focused player.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with sales organizations with managers, sellers, and very senior stakeholders.
- Exceptional, clear communication skills are key (in person, via video call, written and verbal)
- Extensive experience with Salesforce or similar CRM systems
- Cross-functional, matrixed stakeholder experience as well and demonstrated influencer skills are key, including the ability to influence at appropriate levels of the organization.
AVEVA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to being an exemplary employer with an inclusive culture, developing a workplace environment where all our employees are treated with dignity and respect. We value diversity and the expertise that people from different backgrounds bring to our business.
Come and join AVEVA to create the transformative technology that enables our customers to engineer a better world.