Brightcove is looking for an exceptional person to join our Business Development team. This team is responsible for feeding the sales pipeline by identifying and developing new sales leads for the Field Sales teams. The ideal Business Develoment Representative candidate will become an expert in generating, prospecting and qualifying leads, some of the most important components of the sales process. This role is an excellent opportunity to prove yourself in a fast-paced sales environment in a growing SaaS company with an enormous opportunity for career growth.Job Responsibilities
- Qualify and nurture sales leads generated using the most up to date prospecting methods including video voicemails, LinkedIn voice notes as well as the more typical use of email and phone.
- Run your own discovery calls to identify account decision-makers, understand the prospect’s business needs and move them through the sales cycle.
- Work incredibly closely with both marketing and your sales directors to penetrate into some of the biggest and most exciting businesses in Europe using an account based marketing approach.
- Effectively use all the tools we have on offer including Salesforce, Outreach, Sales Navigator and many more.
- Develop and maintain current and working knowledge of how Brightcove delivers value for our customers and where our products/services differentiate us from the competition.
- Achieve or exceed monthly individual metrics of meetings booked.
- 1-2 year’s successful sales or telesales experience within a software as a service environment
- Fluency in written and spoken English is required
- Customer centric personality with a drive to deliver
- Strong phone presence and written communication skills
- Experience working with Salesforce.com or similar CRM
- Ability to multi-task, prioritise, and manage time effectively
- Must be highly self-motivated, professional, detail-oriented, organized and flexible
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as individually
- Positive attitude with the desire to work in a rapid-growth, entrepreneurial environment
- These are the qualifications and experience we are targeting but we also are excited to have an opportunity to teach you technologies and skills you've never used before. All we ask for is creativity and tenacity in solving the problems that we are tackling together.
Working at Brightcove
- Fluency in English is required for this role
- This is a quota-carrying role
As the undisputed global leader in powering premium video for our customers, Brightcove recruits and retains highly qualified and motivated individuals, creating an environment where people can innovate and achieve their best, and we reward them for their performance by giving them the opportunity to share in the company’s success. We offer competitive benefits and compensation packages.
If you've gotten all the way to the bottom of this description, thank you for your interest in Brightcove! If this role sounds like something that is exciting to you please don't hesitate to apply, even if you don't meet all of our qualifications. We recognise that no candidate is perfect and Brightcove would love to have the chance to get to know you.We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Please note that while this job description is an accurate description of the role, it is also subject to change during the course of this search.
Send us your resume if you are interested and want to learn more!
**Please submit your resume in English to be considered for this role.**About Brightcove
Brightcove is a diverse, global team of smart, passionate people who are revolutionizing the way organizations deliver video. We’re hyped up about storytelling, and about helping organizations reach their audiences in bold and innovative ways. When video is done right, it can have a powerful and lasting effect. Hearts open. Minds change.
Since 2004, Brightcove has been supporting customers that are some of the largest media companies, enterprises, events, and non-profit organizations in the world. There are over 600 Brightcovers globally, each of us representing our unique talents and we have built a culture that values authenticity, individual empowerment, excellence and collaboration. This culture enables us to harness the incredible power of video and create an environment where you will want to grow, stay and thrive. Bottom line: We take our video seriously, and we take great pride in doing it as #oneteam.WORKING AT BRIGHTCOVE
We strive to provide our employees with an environment where they can do their best work and be their best selves. This includes a focus on our employees’ work experience, actively creating a culture where inclusion and growth are at the center, and hiring, recognizing, promoting employees who are committed to living and breathing these same ideals. We value collaboration, creativity, work/life balance, professional growth and creating an empowering space for open communication. Whether you’re in one of our offices around the world or working remotely you have plenty of opportunities to meet colleagues and celebrate a variety of personal interests with organized groups and clubs including an Employee Action Committee, Women of Brightcove, Pride of Brightcove, Parents of Brightcove … and more to come!We recognize that no candidate is perfect and Brightcove would love to have the chance to get to know you. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. Brightcove embraces diversity and seeks candidates who support persons of all identities and backgrounds. We strongly encourage individuals from underrepresented and/or marginalized identities to apply. If you need any accommodations for your interview, please email email@example.com.