Forge (www.forgeco.com) is on a mission to build and power the next-generation trades worker. With a unique combination of hands-on training and next-generation technology, Forge is giving people who love to work with their hands the chance to build a great career while tackling the tradesperson shortage head-on.About The Role
As the Chief Revenue Officer, you will be at the forefront of driving top-line revenue growth. The CRO will be responsible for the health of our pipeline and backlog, and will share ownership with the delivery team for revenue. Your role will be pivotal in maintaining our current market position and in expanding our reach and strengthening our market presence.
Today Forge provides labor to three key groups and you should be comfortable selling to all three:
Week in the Life - First 6 months:
- Manufacturers of products requiring significant install services Ex: windows, HVAC, cabinetry, etc;
- Retailers of products requiring significant install services Ex: home improvement retailers, home improvement service providers that subcontract their labor, etc;
- General Contractors looking for bids ranging from time and materials for a small crew/scope to very large fixed fee bids.
- 5-10% Touch points with existing customers to help drive incremental business in the relationship;
- 20-25% New business meetings as we seek to build new relationships;
- 10-20% Forecasting, planning, strategy;
- 10-20% Team building, hiring, 1-1s, career growth;
- 50% - Prospecting, estimates, proposals, and driving revenue directly for Forge.
The ideal candidate has a deep understanding of the construction labor market and possesses a proven track record in selling labor services. We are looking for someone who:
- Has extensive experience and credibility within the construction industry;
- Possesses a solid background in sales, specifically in selling to general contractors or working with them;
- Demonstrates exceptional knowledge of the construction labor market and its dynamics;
- Exhibits strong leadership qualities and the ability to inspire and lead a team;
- Is adept at building and maintaining strong, long-lasting customer relationships;
- Has excellent communication and negotiation skills, coupled with a strategic mindset;
- Is a seasoned executive but willing to roll up their sleeves early on and sell with the support of what will initially be a small team (1-3 people).
- Develop and implement comprehensive strategies to boost revenue and market share;
- Lead and mentor the sales team to achieve and exceed sales targets;
- Establish and maintain high-level relationships with key clients, including general contractors and major retail partners;
- Conduct market analysis to identify new opportunities and stay ahead of industry trends;
- Collaborate with other departments to ensure a unified approach to market;
- Oversee the customer journey from initial contact to post-sales service, ensuring high customer satisfaction;
- Provide regular reports on sales performance and market analysis to the executive team.
At Forge, we value innovation, teamwork, and a commitment to excellence. We're dedicated to creating a supportive and collaborative environment where individuals can grow professionally and make a real impact. We offer competitive salaries, equity, benefits, flexible working arrangements, and a dynamic culture of intelligent, hard-working, and creative individuals.