The Director of Immediate Consumption is a key leader responsible for leading field execution and sales initiatives through the operating unit sales management team. This position acts as the customer subject matter expert in the field and interacts directly with locally, regionally and nationally assigned account teams to provide the best customer service to our customers. This position is accountable for the execution of all sales priorities and programs.
- The Director of Immediate Consumption will be responsible for relationships with immediate consumption accounts serving as the liaison with the VP level of store operations, customer, and sales operations teams.
- Drives collaboration between supply chain and field sales execution to include sales, delivery and route planning.
- Serves as the key enabler for Supply Chain initiatives.
- Executes and fulfill all channel, package and pricing plans provided by the commercial leadership COE.
- Provide feedback to the Immediate Consumption VP on marketplace conditions including competition, channel plans, pricing, architecture, etc.
- Lead strategic sales and marketing priorities for the assigned territories.
- Accountable for selling and adhering to calendar marketing agreements and provide feedback to national customer teams.
- Serve as the innovator of how immediate consumption goes to market by collaborating with other functions to identify areas for maintaining and increasing customer service.
- Build and execute action plans that allow distribution center's to successfully manage routing, staffing, OT, mileage reimbursement, etc.
- Collaborate on a plan with central planning and dispatch organizations to ensure service levels are maintained while at the same time meeting annual goals.
- Responsible for developing talent and fostering stewardship of people development through forums and succession planning.
- Coaching direct reports to ensure a culture of learning and development throughout the organization.
- Execute all engagement initiatives (e.g., Town Halls, Listening Sessions) across the business unit to drive strong employee engagement.
- Company Ambassador for local government and community forums on issues that impact the business.
- BS/BA (or equivalent) required/Post graduate degree in related field or MBA preferred.
- Three (3) to five (5) years experience as a manager in field sales.
- Customer Marketing Agreement (CMA) selling experience required.
- Seven (7) + years of Direct Store Delivery (DSD) and beverage category experience preferred.
- Previous experience within a union environment preferred.
- Previous experience in the area of Logistics or Sales/Distribution Center Operations preferred.