Work Mode: RemoteLocation:
Remote at Kohler, WI Opportunity
The strategic position is responsible for leading Supply Chain Alignment activities supporting a customer or customers in the Retail and Wholesale Channels.Supply Chain Alignment reference is a Kohler Co. established collaboration with our customers for the purpose of:
- Improving Kohler Co. profitability by understanding and improving the customer cost-to-serve model.Ownership of the Supply Chain cost elements in the Kohler Co. customer P&L is required.
- Improving the profitability of the customer by applying Supply Chain expertise to reduce waste and costs.Understanding the customer’s P&L and influencing it positively is required.
- Improving delivery reliability and speed by applying leading edge Supply Chain techniques while managing cost-to-serve objectives.
- Owns the Collaborative Forecasting process and the integration of customer demand assumptions into the Kohler Co. S&OP process, by reaching consensus on customer intelligence at the SKU and product category level, between Kohler Supply Chain, Sales, and Marketing departments.Positive, direct impact on the P&L and forecast error (MAPE) because of these activities is required.
- Own and manage the cross-functional project plans for onboarding new customers, as well as for entry into new customer channels/markets.
Designs, champions, and manages all projects related to Supply Chain Alignment activities.This position is the Supply Chain face to the customer and is expected to be leading edge in ideas, action, and results.A broad and deep Supply Chain acumen and demonstrated results are required.Specific Responsibilities
- Engages and builds relationships with all assigned Supply Chain Alignment customers.Interacts with key principals at the customer for all strategic initiatives, presentations, dashboard reviews, and key decisions.Involved in or leads supplier buying agreement negotiations. Is the Kohler Co. Supply Chain face to the assigned customers.
- Own and direct Supply Chain projects which have a significant impact on the Kitchen & Bath Americas business such as freight optimization, inventory reduction initiatives, customer support systems, etc.Responsible for all project scopes, timelines, and results.Drives accountability within the Supply Chain, ensuring that projects drive measurable results acceptable to the Kitchen & Bath Americas business and/or our customers.
- Sets stretch objectives for the Supply Chain to ensure evolution of the functional capability of the department and continuous improvement.Ensures that primary and secondary customer-centric metrics are in place for each initiative.Ensures the Kitchen & Bath Americas organization is measuring the appropriate Supply Chain metrics based on customer and business expectations.
- Partners with Sales leadership to identify Supply Chain Alignment customers and initiatives.Summarizes and shares Supply Chain Alignment “wins” with the KBNA leadership.Maintains a strong relationship with Sales Directors, Account Managers, and Branch Managers communicating frequently on all Supply Chain related activities.
- Identifies and communicates significant deviations in ordering, inventory levels, Point-of Sale (POS), and other key business drivers to KBNA leadership team.Provides timely and valuable insight.Summarizes overall customer channel inputs for business team use.Capable of answering questions at a Business Team level – Sanitary, Bathing, or Kitchens.Leads cost-to-serve and service discussions in the business.
- Prioritizes workload and ensures focus on the right deliverables is in place based on needs of the business.Utilizes functional Supply Chain expertise to execute projects and improve service (Supply Chain Services, Customer Service, Sales Operations, Sales and Operations Planning, Logistics, etc.).Simplifies complex analysis into basic components – turns raw data and information into useful insight.
- Manages Demand/Supply imbalances and works cross-functionally with Manufacturing, S&OP, and Business Teams to successfully navigate the outcome in the best interest of Kohler and the customer.
Applicants must be authorized to work in the US without requiring sponsorship now or in the future.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Seeking at least five years’ experience in Supply Chain or related field.
- Experience with Wholesale, Retail, and/or e-commerce channels, and industry trends and changes in Supply Chain is required.
- Experience using SAP, Power Bi, Every Angle (or similar) preferred.
- Six Sigma knowledge preferred.
- Must be willing to travel 10-20% of the time (domestic).
The salary range for this position is $85,650 - $108,200. The specific salary offered to a candidate may be influenced by a variety of factors including the candidate’s experience, their education, and the work location. Available benefits include medical, dental, vision & 401k. Why Work at Kohler Co.?
Kohler Co.'s mission is to contribute to a higher level of gracious living for those who are touched by our products and services. We understand that it takes investment in our associates’ development to make that happen.So, we offer ongoing investment in each individual’s personal development and the opportunity to collaborate with others across functions and roles at Kohler.
In addition to the investment in your development, Kohler offers a benefits package including a competitive salary, health, vision, dental, 401(k) with company matching, and more!
- Important update for candidates applying to roles within Kohler Energy, including Power Systems, Engines, Home Energy, Kohler Uninterruptible Power, Clarke Energy, Curtis Instruments, and Heila Technologies. On November 6, Kohler Co. announced the strategic decision to establish Kohler Energy as a separate, independent business with Platinum Equity as the majority investment partner. Kohler will continue to stay invested in the Energy business following the closing and remains committed to supporting the acceleration of long-term growth strategies for both organizations. Talent and operational transition plans are underway, and Kohler Co. and Platinum Equity expect the agreement to close in the first half of 2024.Thank you for your interest in joining our growing team as we embark on the next phase of growth!
Beyond the competitive benefits and compensation, Kohler proudly offers a rich history, steeped in creativity and a commitment to our associates and communities.We invite you to learn more about our culture and company at www.kohlercompany.com .
It is Kohler’s policy to recruit, hire, and promote qualified personnel in all job classifications without regard to race, creed, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.If, as an individual with a disability, you need reasonable accommodation during the recruitment process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org . Kohler Co. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
We invite you to learn more about equal employment opportunity by reviewing the Federal EEO is the Law and the EEO is the Law Supplement .