Solutions driven success.
XPO is a top ten global provider of transportation services, with a highly integrated network of people, technology and physical assets. At XPO, we look for employees who like a challenge and can communicate effectively in all situations. We want to leverage your skills and years of experience to drive positive results while ensuring a bright future for yourself and XPO. If you’re looking for a growth opportunity, join us at XPO.
As the Vice President, Sales Operations, you will drive the execution of insightful analytics and strategic programs that enable the productivity and effectiveness of the sales organization to achieve its annual growth targets for the Less-than-Truckload (LTL) business unit. You’ll lead sales force effectiveness initiatives and manage functions essential to sales force productivity, including planning, reporting, quota setting/management, sales compensation design/administration, process optimization, sales program implementations and training. We’ll count on your skills and years of experience to be a champion of our values, ensuring an engaged workforce, loyal customers, efficient operations, and a bright future for yourself and XPO. Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability, and the opportunity to participate in a company incentive plan. What you’ll do on a typical day:
What you need to succeed at XPO:
- Partners with the Senior Vice President of Sales to envision, plan and implement sales organization strategies to achieve business goals.
- Design territories and coverage models for the sales team across all channels (Business Development, Local Sales, National Sales, Strategic Sales) ensuring optimal coverage to achieve corporate objectives.
- Lead sales goaling, incentive and compensation programs in partnership with Sales Leadership and Human Resources. Oversee sales compensation plan administration. Establish sales compensation program rules, policies, and procedures.
- Partner with senior sales leadership to identify opportunities for sales process improvement. Utilize Learning and Development team members to implement process changes that drive efficiency and productivity throughout the sales organization.
- Provide sales and channel insights to optimize our customer base, improve financial performance, and deliver customer value.
- Partner with senior sales leadership to define optimal metrics and performance management programs required to ensure success. Provide analytics and insights to sales leadership to improve ongoing team performance.
- Enhance and optimize Sales technology tools (e.g., salesforce.com, Marketing Cloud, Xactly) to improve sales productivity and results.
- Provide competitive intelligence and segment insights, highlighting opportunities for growth. Develop an automated lead nurturing program qualifying prospects for the Sales team.
- Partner with FP&A to manage sales forecasting process that provides accurate prediction of future revenue performance. Partner with FP&A team on annual planning and budgeting processes.
- Enhance our sales force training curriculum for critical sales competencies.
- Lead a high performing Sales Operations team, enabling career development and XPO Growth.
At a minimum, you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Sales Management, Supply Chain Management, Marketing or a related field, or equivalent related work or military experience
- 10 years experience including 5 years of Sales Operations experience in a business-to-business environment
- Proven ability to define, refine and implement sales strategies, processes, procedures, policies and compensation.
- Strong business acumen: ability to go beyond the numbers to identify and exploit business opportunities for increasing revenue, improving productivity, and strengthening sales performance and effectiveness
- Experience overseeing change management, leading transformation, and scaling a global organization
- Strong executive presence and proven ability to work cross-functionally to drive process while leading through inspiration and influence
- Expertise with salesforce.com and Xactly or other compensation software tools
It’d be great if you also have:
Be part of something big.
- Master’s in Business Administration (MBA) or an equivalent advanced degree
- 15 years experience including 5 years of Sales Operations experience in a business-to-business environment
- Availability to travel 10-15% of the time (~30% if living in remote office location)
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment may be required to take and pass a pre-employment drug test.
The above statements are not an exhaustive list of all required responsibilities, duties and skills for this job classification.
Review XPO's candidate privacy statement here.