We’re Rent., the leading technology company in the property rental industry.
We deliver integrated solutions that bring together the right renter, with the right property, at the right time.
Rent's robust, proprietary AI platform powers a full suite of best-in-class digital marketing solutions
across our flagship listing sites Rent.com, ApartmentGuide.com, and Rentals.com, as well as search, social, email marketing, reputation management, a virtual leasing office, and more. We simplify the rental journey through an engaging user experience and data-driven innovations.At Rent., our mission is to simplify the experience of connecting people & properties. Period.
The Regional Sales Director (RSD) leads sales, strategy, and tactical execution of a layered regional sales team while maximizing key internal and external relationships.
This high-level role reports directly to the Senior Vice President of Sales.The Regional Sales Director:
How the Regional Sales Director Delivers Success:
- is responsible for the region’s overall sales performance, client growth, and retention
- hires, trains and manages District Sales Managers (DSM) and Regional Sales Managers (RSM) to drive a performance culture and optimal sales performance for their team(s) that lead to consistent growth across all districts and sellers in a highly competitive market.
- develops and executes the region’s tactical go-to-market strategy to drive quarterly and annual revenue growth and client retention.
- is responsible for deploying their sales team through the region, which will be executed through leading and developing District Sales Managers (directly) and Sales and Senior Sales Executives (indirectly) to achieve optimal revenue growth and validate sales performance.
- develops and maintains key internal stakeholder relationships with national sales, regional solution specialists, and corporate department heads, such as Sales Operations, Marketing, Human Resources, Product Development, Billing, Customer Service, etc.
- builds, manages and maintains key external relationships with management company leadership, key clients, industry and association leaders.
- understands how strategic decisions across Rent impact both Sales and functions outside of sales, working together to address when problem-solving and strategizing.
- sets high standards, defines clear and actionable priorities, actively supports and leads change initiatives within Rent and their broader team.
Attributes of a Successful Candidate:
- Consistent achievement of the region's revenue objectives and sales targets.
- Success of direct reports and indirect reports who consistently meet or exceed their sales objectives with your proactive coaching and feedback.
- Deliver targeted coaching, training, and development to direct reports supporting their knowledge, skills, and abilities to achieve selling objectives.
- Talent decisions are consistent, appropriate, proactive, and decisive.
- The region has a defined and informed strategy in consideration of the competitive and customer landscape.
- Takes the lead as “first position” with the majority of the region’s key customers.
- Effectively uses data to drive analysis and support the development of territory, district, and regional strategies
This is a full-time, field Sales Leadership role that requires on average 3 days of travel in the field each week
- Is a leader who is energized in hiring, managing, leading, coaching, and training to maximum success. Here at Rent. this would include Sales Managers and Sales employees.
- Is driven by results and motivated by achieving outcomes.
- Has a deep sense of empathy and unwavering integrity in their professional endeavors.
- Focuses on what matters, using data as a guide for decision making.
- Skilled in managing outside, B2B data-driven solution selling and pipeline/funnel management.
- Builds and manages key, high-level internal and external relationships.
- Analyzes a region, identifies market opportunities and gaps, defines a strategy, effectively resources, and defines targets in order to meet/exceed Sales goals and initiatives.
- Is a successful people leader who enjoys the day-to-day details of leading and growing successful sales teams (i.e. performance management, identifying talent, reviewing performance, providing consultative feedback, targeted coaching/counseling, driving key behaviors and outcomes, and guiding/supporting performance actions).
- Currently lives in the west region of the United States near a major airport with direct flight availability within the market.
- Is not afraid to make decisions and is ready to pivot when needed
- Has digital, advertising, multifamily or other similar experience
- Can share behavioral examples reflecting the following competencies Collaboration, Communication, Building Teams, Developing Talent, Customer Focus, Sense of Urgency, Results Oriented, Critical Thinking, and Managing With Purpose.
. Please understand that by applying for this role you are committed to satisfying these travel requirements.Our Tips For You
Be ready to discuss your sales technique, your foundational sales methodology and philosophy. Don’t forget to share your accomplishments through numbers. After all, that’s the how success is ultimately measured Sales.
Base Salary Pay Range: $170,000 plus commission and equity. Actual base pay will depend on varying circumstances, including the position, location, individual qualifications, market finances, and other operational business needs. Depending on the position, compensation may also include commissions, bonuses, and equity.Rent. Perks & Benefits
Renting comes with perks. So does working at Rent. Whether it’s enjoying time off to recharge, accessing healthcare, or building financial well-being, employees enjoy a comprehensive set of benefits based on their role and location.Why Choose Rent.?
We’re a place where you can make an important difference, from day one. You’ll have the opportunity to grow and build, both professionally and in the communities we serve. You’ll work with smart, diverse, and unpretentious people, as we help renters find and enjoy their ideal home. As a Redfin company, we consider ourselves a very well-funded start-up that also has more than 40 years in the industry and strong financial performance.Interested? Apply and upload your resume! A Recruiter will check it out as soon as possible.
Click here to view the “EEO is the Law” poster and additional EEO information.