Loeb Electric is the innovative electrical distributor of quality materials and an expert service provider, committed to be the partner our customers can trust. Since 1912, nationally recognized brands and the electrical contractor community have counted on Loeb. Our mission is dedicated to them, but without our team, none of this is possible. Because of this, we foster an atmosphere where every employee is valued and encouraged to be their best. The team is what makes Loeb Electric great.
At Loeb Electric, our team’s ability to work together and focus on our customers success has led to substantial growth and leadership with some of the world’s largest national accounts, as well as the local construction market. With this growth comes process and team continuous improvement and brings forth this National Account role.
The Account Manager is a sales operations team member in National Accounts who will be well versed in lighting and electrical distribution equipment with the primary focus on growing our business through proactive solutions, navigating customer needs, and ensuring all deliverables are executed with the highest standards supporting the growth of the customer’s business. The Account Manager will provide input on internal process evolution and mentor junior team members.
This position is full-time, based in Columbus, OH and reports to the National Materials Manager.
- As a trusted partner to our clients, the account manager is an essential part of our customers’ success, in turn driving top and bottom-line growth.
- Responsible for identifying business growth opportunities and challenges, as well as developing and executing account growth plans that expand and strengthen customer partnerships.
- Cross-functionally collaborates with team members to provide a superior customer experience, ensuring timelines and goals are met.
- Owns and prioritizes project execution and is responsible for resolution of all escalations, troubleshoots, and proactively eliminates account challenges.
- Expert navigation of existing information in systems and asks questions to fully understand client’s needs.
- Utilizes Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tool to capture customer touchpoints and schedules next actions.
- Leads the management of the queue for open quotes and orders with regular customer communication, adjusting timelines as needed, and engaging Sales Executives and Manager as needed.
- Manages the preparation of submittals, quotes, and proposals, based upon takeoff and drawing assessments, to capture maximum business available.
- Owns follow up and closure of open quotes and orders to capture revenue.
- Partners with agencies and manufacturers to optimize material pricing. Is responsible for making financial decisions such as margin related to the material orders.
- Leads the transactional process and fully manages associated contractual issues that arise, coordinating with internal teams as needed.
- Analyzes sales opportunities by leveraging material knowledge and skills to enhance customer experience; develops a complete understanding of the customer’s business model to drive solutions and added value through Loeb’s service offerings.
- Interfaces with multiple client-specific web portals to access data, drawings, and provide responses as needed.
- Reports competitive conditions and feedback from customers to management; recommends and implements changes based on information.
- Maintains ethical, cooperative customer relationships consistent with company image, mission, vision, and values.
- High School Diploma and
- 5+ years of sales and / or account management experience
- Experience working in a team environment on multi-faceted projects.
- Experience in distribution, large retail, or service organization preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, especially Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Data entry and navigation.
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal.
- Detail-oriented, organized, and able to prioritize multiple tasks while meeting deadlines.
- Sales-driven mindset.
- Proactive problem solver.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and handle pressure.
- Analytical thinker, always willing to ask questions.
- Desire to provide superior customer experience.
- Tech-savvy with the ability to quickly learn technologies.
- Active listener.