WHO WE ARE
Xactly, a Vista Equity Portfolio Company, is a leading provider of enterprise, cloud-based, Intelligent Revenue Solutions for employees and sales performance management. The Xactly platform marries artificial intelligence and 17 years of proprietary data in one easy-to-use platform to advance the quality and scope of data-driven decision-making through the revenue lifecycle.
Named among the best workplaces in the U.S. by Great Place to Work six times, honored on Fortune Magazine’s inaugural list of the 100 Best Workplaces for Millennials and chosen as the “Market Leader in Incentive Compensation” by CRM magazine. We’re building a culture of success and are looking for motivated professionals to join us!THE OPPORTUNITY
Xactly seeks a modern, data-driven Chief Revenue Officer (CRO) to oversee its global revenue organization. As our CRO you will collaborate closely with the broader leadership teams, trusted partners, and customers to achieve common objectives and propel Xactly’s global success. As a key member of the leadership team, the CRO will be responsible for driving all revenue and GTM activities. The CRO will manage, lead, and mentor a world-class, fast-paced, effective, and efficient A+ team.
This is a rare opportunity for a proven scaleup sales executive to join a highly successful at-scale B2B SaaS organization with a strong culture, a great product, and tremendous market opportunity.Responsibilities
Who You Are
- As a partner to the CEO and Exec team, the CRO will drive the next iteration of Xactly’s go-to market (GTM) strategy, plan, and growth.
- Ensure GTM alignment with organizational structure, sales model, markets, and customer needs.
- As the CRO, you will be responsible for overseeing and driving revenue across various departments, including Global Sales, Alliances/Partnerships, and Solutions Consultants.
- Your strategic leadership will play a crucial role in aligning these functions to optimize revenue opportunities globally.
- Continue to drive and uplevel the GTM strategy and execution of the Commercial Segments while the development and execution of strategies aimed at fostering organic growth within the Enterprise segment.
- Develop innovative revenue strategies that deliver tangible short-term gains while laying the foundation for sustainable long-term growth.
- Develop accurate sales forecasting methodology and end-end process and bookings commitments across the sales organization.
- Partner with Chief Marketing Officer to design / implement cost-efficient and effective marketing programs targeted at Xactly ICPs to drive high-quality pipeline generation and improved close rates
- Set clear goals, assign responsibilities, measure performance and manage feedback to achieve quality and timely results.
- Instill a culture of metrics, fact-based decision-making, and accountability throughout the revenue organization.
- Evaluate existing tech stack, systems, processes, and data. Develop a plan to upgrade if/as needed. Define/refine key revenue metrics to provide revenue performance transparency.
- Proficient in Managing Conflict: Exhibits ease in handling conflicts, addressing challenges, and resolving issues using a pragmatic and constructive approach.
- Capable of navigating both strategic and operational aspects of conflict resolution and problem-solving in a productive manner.
- Collaboration with Marketing, Customer Success, and Product Teams: Recognizes the integral role of the Revenue Organization within a broader ecosystem for achieving success.
- Demonstrates a deep appreciation for the contributions of marketing, customer success, and product peers. Effectively communicates and inspires colleagues beyond the sales realm.
- Build, lead, and mentor a world-class sales team, attracting and retaining top sales talent.
FIRST YEAR FOCUS AND MEASURE OF SUCCESS
- 15+ years of progressive experience leading global enterprise Software or SaaS revenue teams.
- Demonstrates a proven history of accomplishments driving sales growth within Private Equity backed organizations.
- A track record of successfully scaling SaaS ventures from $200M ARR to $1B++.
- A CRO with a meticulous focus on establishing and optimizing sales processes. Possesses a deep understanding of solution selling methodologies, which further enhances the ability to drive revenue growth.
- Displays cultural acumen, showing profound respect for the perspectives and expertise of individuals within marketing, customer success, and product teams. Is skilled at bridging communication gaps, fostering unity, and building motivation, extending beyond the sales domain.
- Adaptable and capable of thriving in a resource-efficient and evolving environment.
- Skilled in managing conflicts, addressing challenges, and resolving problems in a pragmatic and constructive approach, encompassing both strategic and operational practices.
- Proven skills in selecting talent, upholding a healthy internal culture, and developing others.
- Values diversity, equity and inclusion, will embrace and prioritize it, and make it part of their culture.
- Empathic situational leader, with strong awareness of cultural differences.
- Ability to inspire the organization to become faster, more agile, and customer obsessed.
- M&A experience is a plus.
Benefits And Perks
- Lead a high-efficiency sales structure aimed at driving and achieving a Rule of 50 organization.
- Your leadership will be pivotal in creating an organization that balances profitability and growth, resulting in a consistent 15-20% increase in bookings.
- Refine the processes and enhance the skill development opportunities for the GTM team.
- Strategic planning and advancement tracking for enterprise and forecasting initiatives.
- Optimize and address integration and operational model issues across sales, marketing, professional services, and customer success functions.
- Implement organization-wide sales review and rigor to enhance forecasting accuracy.
- Comprehensive insurance coverage (including pet insurance!)
- Flexible time off and sick days
- Short-term disability, long-term disability, maternity and parental leave
- Gym/fitness reimbursement and tuition reimbursement
- Flexible savings account & Health savings account
- Paid holidays and up to 3 days paid community and volunteer leave
- Life and AD&D insurance.
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Access to wellness program (Grokker, EAP, quarterly wellness webinars)
- Employee discount program
- Additional voluntary benefits such as pet insurance, critical illness, accident insurance, hospital indemnity, and legal plan
Unleashing human potential to maximize company performance. We address a critical business need: to incentivize employees and align their behaviors with company goals.OUR CORE VALUES:
Customer Focus | Accountability | Respect | Excellence (CARE) are the keys to our success, and each day we’re committed to upholding them by delivering the best we can to our customers.
Xactly is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Xactly provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law. This means we believe in celebrating diversity and creating an inclusive workplace environment, where everyone feels valued, heard, and has a sense of belonging. By doing this, everyone in the Xactly family has the power to make a difference and unleash their full potential.
We do not accept resumes from agencies, headhunters, or other suppliers who have not signed a formal agreement with us.