A position at White Cap isn’t your ordinary job. You’ll work in an exciting and diverse environment, meet interesting people, and have a variety of career opportunities.
The White Cap family is committed to Building Trust on Every Job. We do this by being deeply knowledgeable, fully capable, and always dependable, and our associates are the driving force behind this commitment.Job Summary
Responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations of an inside sales team. Provide high level customer service while maximizing sales and gross profit. Ensure customers receive prompt and efficient service. Maintain profitability through report analysis, identification of trends, issue resolution and implementing solutions.Major Tasks, Responsibilities, And Key Accountabilities
Nature and Scope
- Oversees the inside sales process to include reviewing sales orders, quotes, inquiries about product availability, and other sales/service related questions. Administers guidelines for consistent quoting.
- Supports, tracks, and measures all inside sales initiatives. Monitors sales and delivery plans for the inside sales team.
- Researches and prepares sales orders and quotes for customers according to specifications and information provided. Provides reliable information regarding product specifications, product suitability, pricing and availability.
- Ensures associates receive training in computer systems, sales and operations SOPs, product knowledge, and sales techniques.
- Assists associates in resolving problems associated with customer service, product availability, price, warranties and product delivery. Follows-up with customers to ensure satisfaction.
- Follows up on all sales orders to ensure full shipment/fulfillment. Reviews the daily reporting and expedites customer delivery needs.
- Handles customer inquiries and problem resolution when an outside salesperson is not available. Contributes to add-on sales by maintaining a high level of product knowledge. Attends all assigned product training.
- Observes and evaluates performance, provides instruction and assigns duties. Provides coaching and development for sales acumen enhancement and team engagement.
- Solutions require analysis and investigation.
- Achieves planned results by decisions and actions based on professional methods, business principles, and practical experience.
- Manages a group or team of professional individual contributors and/or indirectly supervises support staff.
Education And Experience
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
- Typically requires BS/BA in a related discipline. Generally 7+ years of experience in a related field. May require certification. Advanced degree may offset less experience in some disciplines.
If you’re looking to play a role in building America, consider one of our open opportunities. We can’t wait to meet you.Functional Area
Parnell, KorishawnaReq ID
White Cap is an Equal Opportunity Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veteran and Affirmative Action Employer. White Cap considers for employment and hires qualified candidates without regard to age, race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, protected veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law.