● Bring in Industry best-in class process knowledge and re-engineer the process towards making it self- serve and lean.
● Ideate, transform, re-structure existing and new programs from delivery lens
● Ability to modernize Q2C shared service design & deployment
● Unlock business value & elevate from administrative function of deal desk to a source of market differentiation by creating winning preposition
● Responsible for defining, coordinating & executing the go-to-market strategy & programs both cloud and off-cloud solutions
● Participate, create solutions and design frame-works for prospective clients
● Lead and represent HCL in RFI/ RFP’s and orals. Work with multiple teams to create propelling contract construct for clients
● Work with client product partners, business stakeholders, M&A teams in various capacities such as
○ Incubating newly acquired or created products,
○ Create product workflow from the Deal Desk perspective, participate as thought leaders on product discussions,
○ Engage with leaders outside the scope for growth of the account
Delivery & Operations:
● Design and provide guidance on Innovative pricing strategies and structures based on specific product sets being sold (i.e., Cloud (SaaS), services) that fulfill the customer’s requirements, whilst maximizing profitability and revenue for HCL and its clients.
● Bring forth insights from pricing and deal structure trends across the region and revenue streams
● Evaluate large, complex, non-standard transactions by applying pricing and product knowledge
● Work in tandem with the Sales team and other teams that support the deal cycle such as Legal, Professional Services, Security, Sales Operations, Product. Also, support the enhancement of value and consistency across all geographic regions
● Facilitate sales approval and standardized contract document generation processes and ensure compliance with published sales and business approval policies
● Generate new/improve existing data reporting and processes. Report on monthly, quarterly and annual pipeline metrics and business forecasts inclusive of Run Rate, Opportunity and Contractual elements
● Produce business or pricing analysis to prioritize and lead deal construct efforts
● Analyze trends, formulate projections, create financial models, and evaluate alternatives
● Provide Order Management and Accounting teams with context and clarification on complex deal structures and how they are to be treated in relation to booking credits, invoicing, internal reporting, etc
● Ensure adherence to our quote-to-contract processes and policies for our commercial engine while effectively escalating new use-cases outside of the current approval matrix and propose solution
● Craft and coordinate proposals between our Sales, Legal, and Finance teams
● Maintain scalable operations and feedback loop to increase deal velocity and efficiency
● Exercise in-depth understanding of subscription model, service offerings for recommended contract structures
● Escalate to GTM Executives and Sales Leadership to structure and position complex deals, which involves acting as the liaison between Sales and internal stakeholders including Accounting, Order Management, Legal, Product Marketing, etc.
● Work with GTM Management to identify and measure successful and failing strategies and identify opportunities for process improvement
Managing Acquisition/ Knowledge Transfer Projects:
● Define project objectives, project scope, roles & responsibilities.
● Outline requirements needed from sales and legal stakeholders to deliver projects on budget.
● Prepare a detailed project plan to schedule key milestones, workstreams & activities
● Manage delivery, changes in project scope, schedule or budget, client relationship and communication with all stakeholders, ensuring the project is delivered to their satisfaction
● Track projects and provide regular reports on their status to the project team and key stakeholders
● Identify and mitigate potential risks.
Billing and Receivables Management / Vendor Onboarding:
● Project Management – efficiently manage the onboarding of multiple vendors throughout the lifecycle, while keeping stakeholders updated.
● Communicate the onboarding process, timelines, and resource availability with internal business partners
● Review new vendor pipeline with customer and set timelines for onboarding
● Build solid relationships with vendor partners, learning about their operational strengths, limitations and pushing them to improve their service levels for our mutual clients.
Deal Desk Manager Responsibilities:
● Be the liaison between the sales organization and its client portfolio
● Build internal guidelines for deal enablement initiatives
● Automate manual processes for faster deal closing and increased customer satisfaction
● Review, approve, and document all non-standard pricing and contractual terms to comply with revenue goals
● Source diverse perspectives from cross-functional teams during deal management such as legal, SalesOps, RevOps, accounting, finance, product management, and customer success
● Responsible for overall management of the team’s performance. To bring the entire team’s efficiency measure and service delivery.
● Liaise with internal and external stakeholders on a regular basis including governance meetings on weekly, monthly and quarterly basis.
● BA/BS Degree
● 6+ years of revenue, strategy, deal desk, operations, or sales consulting experience
● Proven ability in contract management and shortening sales cycle times
● Solid understanding of enterprise sales environments and processes
● Fluency with enterprise sales tools like Salesforce and other CRMs
● Strong analytical and reporting skills
● Passion for technology, data, and efficient sales cycles management
● A self-motivated leader who can contribute to business outcomes
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $120,000.00 - $160,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Ability to Relocate:
- Austin, TX 78750: Relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: In person