At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
Our vision is a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.Our Approach to Work
We lead with flexibility and choice in all of our people programs. We have disrupted the traditional view that all employees have the same needs and wants. We offer personalization and offer our employees the opportunity to choose what works best for them as often as possible - from your wellbeing support to your growth and development, and beyond!
At Palo Alto Networks, we believe in the power of collaboration and value in-person interactions. This is why our employees generally work from the office three days per week, leaving two days for choice and flexibility to work where you feel most effective. This setup fosters casual conversations, problem-solving, and trusted relationships. While details may evolve, our goal is to create an environment where innovation thrives, with office-based teams coming together three days a week to collaborate and thrive, together!Job Description
We are looking for a highly motivated, results oriented Deals Desk Manager to join our JAPAC organisation. The primary focus of this position will be to help structure profitable and compliant transactions that address the needs of a diverse set of internal corporate customers and increase the effectiveness and productivity of our sales teams. The right person for this job has a team player approach, the ability to work across departments with disparate needs, excels at problem solving through critical analysis, and is challenged by process review and continuous improvement.Your Impact
- Provide Senior Leadership with financial data and relevant reports on requested deals, confirm commercial terms and conditions, as well as operational requirements of risk/reward profile for opportunities
- Be a sales partner to internal organizations to understand contract requirements, structure, business terms and identify potential risks and/or opportunities that can affect deal economics
- Be a trusted Partner with the field sales organization to drive deal closure
- Key resource reviewing and approving all non-standard and program pricing requests - Review will include financial analysis for gross margin, discounts and non-standard term requests
- Become an expert on the configuration and quoting tool, reviewing and enforcing revenue recognition compliance for all quoting
- Work with cross-functional stakeholders for decision support deal solutions
- Collaborate with impacted parties to generate acceptable documents to facilitate deal closure
- Ensure required approvals, such as discounts and contractual terms, are obtained and clearly documented
- Ensure that all transactions adhere to internal revenue recognition policies and operational guidelines
- Support projects that drive automated solutions that create an exceptional customer experience for sales, Deals Desk, Revenue, Finance and Legal
- 7+ years experience working in a tech environment (Deal Desk, Sales Operations or Financial role)
- Intermediate/Advanced skills with SalesForce.com and MS-Excel or Google Sheets is highly recommended
- Demonstrated capability to build strong working relationships with internal business units
- Ability to work independently and able to prioritize in a fast-paced environment with multiple, changing objectives
- Experience with data and financial analysis, ability to interpret data and make recommendations
- Experience working with Salesforce and its quoting systems (CPQ & Steelbrick) a plus
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills, including experience creating presentations for senior leaders
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.Is role eligible for Immigration Sponsorship?: No. Please note that we will not sponsor applicants for work visas for this position.