Confluent is pioneering a fundamentally new category of data infrastructure focused on data in motion. Have you ever found a new favorite series on Netflix, picked up groceries curbside at Walmart, or paid for something using Square? That’s the power of data in motion in action—giving organizations instant access to the massive amounts of data that is constantly flowing throughout their business. At Confluent, we’re building the foundational platform for this new paradigm of data infrastructure. Our cloud-native offering is designed to be the intelligent connective tissue enabling real-time data, from multiple sources, to constantly stream across the organization. With Confluent, organizations can create a central nervous system to innovate and win in a digital-first world.
We’re looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energized to roll up their sleeves and help realize Confluent’s enormous potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks as we solve big problems together. We value having diverse teams and want you to grow as we grow—whether you’re just starting out in your career or managing a large team, you’ll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.About The Role
We’re looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energized to roll up their sleeves and help realize Confluent’s enormous potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks as we solve big problems together. We value having diverse teams and want you to grow as we grow—whether you’re just starting out in your career or managing a large team, you’ll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
We are looking for a Deal Desk Senior Manager to join our global team. Reporting to the Sr. Director of Deal Strategy Operations, you will support our sales teams with quotes, contracts, and pricing and have an opportunity to work cross-functionally throughout our organization. For this role, an analytical mindset and attention to detail are imperative.What You Will Do
What You Will Bring
- Manage complex, nonstandard deals with multiple cross-functional partners
- Provide stakeholders with deal analysis and visibility into contract complexity
- Train, mentor, and educate other members of the Deal Desk team and help cover other team members as needed
- Participate with other organizations within the Deal Strategy & Monetization function on strategic projects as needed
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with key cross-functional partners/back office teams, familiarizing yourself with their processes and policies, serving as a POC for Deal Desk team for questions or concerns, minimizing need for escalation
- Advise sales on deal structures, pricing strategies, commercial terms, and approvals
- Partner with Sales to ensure opportunities are properly created and tracked in Salesforce including stage, probability, booking amount, and various other required fields
- Consistently meet your Objectives & Key Results (OKRs) and continuously find ways to drive efficiencies within your business
- Craft intelligent deal structures that increase revenue while mitigating contractual risks
- Partner with Revenue and Legal teams to craft contractual language to ensure transactions comply with revenue recognition and business operational policies
- Drive consistency across deal process by helping to optimize, streamline, and align quote-to-cash processes
- Monitor deal progress and support Sales with closing bookings
Come As You Are
- 4+ years of experience in Deal Desk, Sales Operations, Sales Enablement, or Order to Cash cycle
- Experience in Deal Desk, Sales Ops, contracts, and/or pricing
- Experience supporting and advising SaaS and On-Prem Sales teams
- Experience partnering closely with cross-functional teams such as Sales, other SalesOps team members, Legal, and Finance colleagues
- Experience working with remote sales and business partner teams
- Dedication to excellent customer service
- Strong oral and written communication skills with the ability to synthesize and effectively communicate information across teams
- Proven project management experience and ability to own and run deals end-to-end
- Organized, strong attention to detail, and goal-oriented
- Ability to work independently and multitask effectively
- Innate curiosity and not afraid to ask thoughtful questions
- Energetic, dedicated, and ambitious
- Salesforce CPQ experience preferred
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact. Employment decisions are made on the basis of job-related criteria without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
At Confluent, we are committed to providing competitive pay and benefits that are in line with industry standards. We analyze and carefully consider several factors when determining compensation, including work history, education, professional experience, and location. This position has an annual estimated salary of $ 123,800 - $145,440 , an annual bonus, and a competitive equity package. The actual pay may vary depending on your skills, qualifications, experience, and work location. In addition, Confluent offers a wide range of employee benefits. To learn more about our benefits click HERE .
Click HERE to review our Candidate Privacy Notice which describes how and when Confluent, Inc., and its group companies, collects, uses, and shares certain personal information of California job applicants and prospective employees.