The Elevator Pitch
Are you customer focused and able to operate in a fast-paced environment? Do you have a passion for building effective sales and revenue operations? Can you drive change successfully for cross-functional initiatives that deliver measurable value, while developing skills of others?
Evolv is looking for a proven revenue operations leader to optimize and scale the execution of our dynamic global go-to-market team and motion. As the VP of Sales Operations, you will assist our rapidly growing sales, channel, and customer facing teams with support to improve productivity, streamline operational processes, and deliver initiatives to improve the management of the overall business. In this role, you will lead a dedicated and growing operational excellence team. Success will require partnering with broader go-to-market organization (from marketing to support) to drive key initiatives such as pipeline management, sales operations and renewal support, effectiveness (Salesforce, education and enablement), deal desk, commissioning, budgeting and overall analytics / KPI and business improvement.
Success in the Role: What are performance outcomes over the first 6-12 months you will work toward completing?In The First 30 Days, You Will
Within 3 Months, You Will
- Develop a deep understanding of Evolv’s mission, understand our product, services, and values
- Learn about our go-to-market organization and build initial relationships across the company
- Assess the current state of Rev Ops programs and initiatives
By The End Of The First Year, You Will
- Develop a solid baseline understanding of key processes such as: territory and planning, pipeline management, education and enablement, key operational processes (e.g., commissioning and budgeting), deal desk, data analytics and sales tool productivity
- Understand key initiatives for process and people improvement, and develop initial perspectives
- Identify priority workstreams and start initial rollout of opportunities
- Evaluate team and hiring needs to achieve objectives
- Establish the Sales and Revenue Operations function within Evolv as a key center of excellence
- Strengthen key operational processes for both Evolv and our channel partners
- Develop new governance, operational metrics, and processes to better manage our go-to-market team effectiveness
- Build relationships across the organization and with channel partners through deep collaboration
- Create a high performance and engaged operational team proactively addressing the challenges of scaling the business
The Work: What type of work will you be doing? What assignments, requirements, or skills will you be performing on a regular basis?
Leadership And Team Management
- Drive the strategy and planning for the go-to-market organization
- Manage the operational execution of pipeline management processes in collaboration with the go-to-market organization
- Deliver a superior Certification program in conjunction with business and technical experts for Education and Enablement of the Evolv and partner organizations
- Align and drive adoption of key sales processes including Insight Selling and MEDDPICC
- Manage key sales processes such as Deal Desk and deal structuring, deal reviews, compensation, territory management, budgeting, etc.
- Build a data-driven culture for business analytics to improve go-to-market productivity along with identification and management of key scorecards, operational design and new sales tools
- Support a positive culture and help drive exceptional change management and learning
Strategic Planning And Execution
- Ability to lead and grow an operational excellence team, fostering a high-performance culture.
- Skills in building and nurturing relationships across the organization and with channel partners.
- Competency in evaluating team and hiring needs to achieve objectives and address the challenges of scaling the business.
Operational Efficiency And Process Improvement
- Proficiency in driving the strategy and planning for the go-to-market organization.
- Capability to manage the operational execution of pipeline management processes in collaboration with the go-to-market organization.
- Expertise in developing and implementing key sales processes, including deal desk management, deal structuring, compensation, and territory management.
Analytical And Data-Driven Decision Making
- Strong understanding of sales and revenue operations to optimize and scale the execution of a dynamic global go-to-market team.
- Ability to streamline operational processes, deliver initiatives to improve the overall business management, and strengthen operational processes for both Evolv and channel partners.
- Skills in identifying priority workstreams and rolling out opportunities for process and people improvement.
Sales Expertise And Enablement
- Proficiency in business analytics to improve go-to-market productivity, including the identification and management of key scorecards and operational design.
- Experience in building a data-driven culture and developing new governance, operational metrics, and processes to manage the go-to-market team effectively.
Change Management And Learning
- Knowledge in delivering superior certification programs and aligning and driving the adoption of key sales processes, including Insight Selling and MEDDPICC.
- Experience in managing key operational processes such as commissioning, budgeting, and sales tool productivity.
- Ability to support a positive culture and drive exceptional change management and learning.
- Skills in developing a deep understanding of the company's mission, products, services, and values, and building initial relationships across the company.
- Competency in partnering with the broader go-to-market organization (from marketing to support) to drive key initiatives, such as pipeline management, sales operations, and renewal support.
- Ability to engage in deep collaboration with different departments and stakeholders to ensure alignment and cohesive operations.
What is the leadership like for this role? What is the structure and culture of the team?
- You will be joining the sales operations team and reporting to the Chief Commercial Officer.
- The team culture is based on building trust, collaboration, and on-going development through kindness, authenticity, courage, drive, and fun!
Where is the role located?
- This role is based out of our HQ in Waltham, MA with flexibility in being remote some days.
What is the salary range?
- The salary range for this position is $198,000 - $280,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific hourly range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
- Please note that the compensation details listed in role posting reflect the base salary only, and do not include commission, equity, or benefits.
If you want to solve one of the most difficult issues of our time and save lives doing it, you want to work at Evolv. We are passionate, knowing that what we do and how we do it can affect life or death situations for our customers. At Evolv, you will have unparalleled exposure to all aspects of our business, working with a talented team that shares our vision for a safer world. If you are inspired by invention and gain satisfaction from seeing how your work impacts the bigger picture, Evolv will be a great fit.
- Equity is an important component of every compensation package
- Flexible work environment
- Unique culture
- Medical and dental insurance
- 401(k) plan
- Unlimited vacation policy
- $300 per quarter to spend on the perks that are most meaningful to you
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Evolv Technology (“Evolv”) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace, and all employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected by law in the locations where we operate. Evolv will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
- Evolv is committed to offering an inclusive and accessible experience for all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation as part of the job application process, please connect with us at firstname.lastname@example.org.