Savology is a venture-backed, seed-stage startup that is on a mission to improve the financial wellbeing of millions of American households by making financial planning more accessible than ever before. Savology enables advisors and employers to provide financial planning and wellness services to reduce financial stress and improve financial outcomes.
Role and Responsibilities
Savology is looking for a sales and marketing leader with a successful track record in entrepreneurship or other early technology ventures. This role will be responsible for leading and executing company growth with a primary emphasis on sales, marketing, and partnerships.
The primary responsibilities include both leadership and individual contribution, including but not limited to:
- Strategic leadership: Develop and execute growth strategies and annual growth plans aligned with the company’s vision and goals
- Sales and marketing: Lead the sales and marketing functions to drive new business and expand our client base
- Collaboration: Partner with the other company leaders in operations, product, and development to ensure seamless execution and improve company outcomes
- Performance: Contribute individually and deliver consistently on production targets for qualified opportunities and closed-won deals
- Team development: Build, manage, and mentor high-performing and engaged teams
This is an in-office, in-person role that will provide for some hybrid flexibility for intermittent work from home, but no more than 1-2 days per week. A strong preference will be given to local applicants.
Experience and Qualifications
The right fit for this position is a dynamic, motivated, hard-working team player capable of performing in diverse roles as the company grows.
- 3+ years of leadership in sales, marketing, and/or partnership
- 3+ years of direct sales or business development experience
- Cross-functional leadership experience with an emphasis on sales, marketing, or partnerships
- Proven success in scaling companies, particularly in SaaS or FinTech
- Experience with or inclination towards marketing and top of the funnel demand generation
- Self-starter and self-motivator who sets and exceeds their own goals
- Passionate about personal finance and financial technology
- Willing to work primarily from our office in Orem, UT
- Startup experience at early-stage to growth-stage companies
- MBA or comparable business experience
- Direct experience partnering with or selling to financial service companies, wealth managers, or financial planning firms
Compensation and Benefits
As a startup, the immediate compensation and benefits for the position will not compete well with more established companies in comparable positions. We provide the core benefits and compensation to keep team members comfortable while we strive to make the company successful to participate in upside together.
- Substantial equity award - target $250k-$500k - with level depending on experience and base salary needs
- Annual base salary depending on experience and equity ask with an expected range of $70k-$100k
- Unlimited Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Additional quarterly bonuses, sales incentives, and annual performance bonuses
- Group Health Insurance Benefits and Health Savings Accounts