Sales Operations Analyst
CGC Inc. is a leading marketer, manufacturer and distributor of gypsum wallboard products, interior finishing material and suspended acoustical ceilings. With locations around the world, CGC and USG have the resources, plants, products, and people to build walls, ceilings, and careers.
CGC Inc. is currently recruiting a Sales Operations Analyst for our corporate Sales Operations Team, based in Oakville, Ontario.
It's a permanent and full-time position, offering a challenging opportunity for a motivated individual to demonstrate their technical and analytical abilities within a large corporation.
The Sales Operations Analyst is responsible for directing the technical and reporting activities of the Sales Operations and Customer Service departments.
Focused responsibilities will be Electronic Data Interchange (EDI), reporting needs for sales, customers, and key metrics including Tableau and Oracle BI solutions, and supporting Customer Experience Workforce Management.
The Analyst will be the CGC business partner and will coordinate the technical development for these systems. They consistently respond to internal and external inquiries and requests within Company timelines, while maintaining a positive and professional demeanor.
The Sales Operations Analyst works within established guidelines and procedures and is committed to safety, quality, and dependability.
Duties and responsibilities of the Sales Operations Analyst include:
- Acts as the CGC business partner for enhancements, and onboarding of new customers for electronic data interchange (EDI) with our customer base.
- Investigates issues within the EDI platform identifying cause and providing resolution to ensure timely implementation of order processing and accuracy of invoicing.
- Acts as the CGC business partner for enhancements, issue resolution, data integrity, and maintenance in the Oracle BI reporting tool to ensure that quality information is available to various functional departments.
- Leads the training for users in the Oracle BI reporting tool to ensure that information can be easily and appropriately accessed to support informed decision making.
- Develops and maintains internal and external customer and product reporting using Oracle BI. Ensures reports are sent within required timelines.
- Acts as the CGC business partner for enhancements, issue resolution, and maintenance in the Tableau reporting tool to ensure that quality information is available to various functional departments.
- Develops and maintains internal customer and product reporting using Tableau.
- Leads the training for users in the Tableau reporting tool to ensure that information can be easily and appropriately accessed to support informed decision making.
- Acts as the CGC business partner for issue resolution and maintenance within the Customer Experience Workforce Management Tool (WFM) to support the Customer Service department.
- Acts as the CGC business partner for issue resolution and maintenance of the customer facing portal, customer order ingestion solution, and Salesforce platform.
- Leads and participates in special projects as assigned by the Sales Operations and Pricing Manager.
- Trained to provide required backup for other Sales Operations roles as assigned by the Sales Operations and Pricing Manager.
- Bachelor’s degree in business/related field or equivalent experience.
Years of Experience:
- 3-5 years business experience.
- At least 2 years’ experience in Information Technology, Sales and Marketing, Operations or Customer Service preferred.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- High attention to detail.
- Ability to build strong interpersonal relationships.
- Must demonstrate proven success at working both independently and as a member of a team with a sense of urgency and high level of customer focus.
- Responsive and decisive decision making.
- Ability to work effectively amongst various functional departments.
- Solid analytical and quantitative background.
- Solid computer skills with intermediate knowledge of Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
What We Offer
CGC offers competitive base salaries and cash incentive awards, comprehensive benefits, and financial protection for employees and their families. Our Employee Group Benefits Plan (extended health care and dental care) begins on your first day of work!
- Extended health care (including prescription drugs, vision, and paramedical professional services)
- Dental care (includes both preventative care and major dental work)
- Short-term and long-term disability
- Life insurance
- Retirement plan- contributory defined benefit plan
- Investment plan- defined contribution plan with options to contribute to a Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP) and/or a non-registered savings plan.
- Incentive Plan- cash payments based on target achievement are earned quarterly or annually, depending upon the plan.
- Vacation time- between four and seven weeks paid vacation based on length of continuous service.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Wellness Program offers fitness club memberships at a special reduced rate, health coaching, nutrition support, smoking cessation services, and much more.
- Rewards and Recognition Program
We understand the importance of balancing work and your personal life and will help you make your best contribution in both.
At CGC Inc. we go the distance to provide The Better Way. Delivering building solutions for customers worldwide is our goal. Relationships are our foundation. Integrity, Dependability and Innovation are the standards by which we live.
CGC Inc. is a leading marketer, manufacturer and distributor of gypsum wallboard products, interior finishing material and suspended acoustical ceilings. With locations around the world, CGC and USG have the resources, plants, products and people to build walls, ceilings and careers.
CGC Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting diversity of thought, ideas, perspective and people. We create an inclusive environment that attracts, retains and values people of all backgrounds by treating all people in a way that allows them to maintain their dignity and independence through inclusion, integration and equal opportunity. We are committed to meeting the needs of those who interact with CGC, Inc. in accordance with Federal and provincial laws. Information regarding applicant accessibility may be found on the Accessibility section of our website.