Please note that this is a hybrid role with 3 days onsite at our Houston headquarters.
P97 Networks is the leading provider of mobile commerce and digital marketing solutions which power new and emerging daily journeys. When you’re looking for fuel, food, parking, charging, or convenience retail—our innovative cloud based mobile commerce platform, PetroZone®, enables mobile payments, customer loyalty programs, and connectivity with the largest universe of gas stations and convenience stores in the US. We focus on creating connected commerce experiences, whether through your connected car, smart phone, or voice enabled devices like Alexa. We are experts at cloud-based payment and loyalty aggregation, identity and security, digital offers and settlement, omni-channel marketing, and data insights.
Every day, we are re-imagining connected consumer experiences and trying to make life’s daily journeys a little bit better for everyone. Convenience, speed, and safety is our mission—and these are the expectations for the new generation of buyers, sellers and anyone looking to conduct commerce during their daily drive. P97 is recognized as a thought leader for enabling digital transformation in the convenience retail and fuels marketing industry, and we take hiring very seriously. We further believe the combination of an experienced team, our passion for technology, and our mutual desire to win—will make us successful together. We trust you will find our company and this opportunity equally compelling.Job Description: Proposal Manager/Deal Desk Analyst
The Proposal Manager owns the P97 Proposal Desk process that includes proposal, RFx and statement-of-work preparation from qualification to closure. This position interfaces and partners with all levels in the organization including Product, Sales, Engineering, and Professional Services. Additionally, this role balances multiple priorities including strategic analysis, pricing, and competitive data across multiple pursuits to increase win probability. The Proposal Manager is expected to take an active, hands-on developmental role in all facets of the P97 Proposal Desk.Key Responsibilities
- Perform and lead the management and oversight of all functions of the P97 Proposal Desk process.
- Perform reviews, edits, and provide guidance on the creation of cover letters, executive summaries, and other key parts of proposals.
- Responsible for end-to-end efforts including planning, coordinating stakeholders, obtaining technical inputs, conducting reviews, and ensuring end deliverables are high-quality within aggressive timelines.
- Coordinate (as necessary) reviewing and editing proposals, gaining input from internal stakeholders Sales, Business Development, Account Management, Marketing, Engineering, Operations, etc.).
- Ensure effective collaboration with internal stakeholders.
- Provide proposal and statement-of-work content development to ensure compliance and responsiveness to the customer’s requirements and the company’s objectives.
- Lead Proposal Desk progress status reporting, proposal kickoff meetings, daily stand-ups and maintain the proposal backlog.
- Complete ownership of the proposal database including accurate and timely updates by internal stakeholders.
- Assist in presenting the final proposal to the Executive Management team.
- Ensure consistent look and feel of all outbound proposals.
- Implement best practices for proposal tools and processes.
- Drive process excellence and continuous improvement.
- Organize and facilitate discovery calls and prepare content for proposal-related material.
- Analytical thinker with the ability to comprehend technical concepts.
- Ability to communicate complex, technical concepts to various audiences.
- Passionate about the quality and accuracy of their work
- Ability to gather information in a variety of sources (brainstorming / whiteboarding sessions, SME interviews, and consolidation of previously developed written materials) and translate into compelling documents.
- Self-starter who can independently research and resolve issues using various resources.
- Effective relationship builder who can influence various stakeholders.
- Comfortable working with multi-disciplinary, multicultural, and geographically dispersed teams.
- Confident and proactively communicate challenges and identify opportunities.
- Ability to multi-task, communicate effectively, and prioritize multiple projects.
- Ability to distill complex technical concepts and effectively elicit information from subject matter experts to fill the gaps.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or STEM
- 3+ years Proposal generation experience (SaaS / PaaS industries preferred)
- Experience managing multiple proposal initiatives, each with a total value of $100K to $5M
- Experience with Proposal Content Management tools.
- Expert-level technical / proposal writer with business development and technical proposal experience.
- Strong analytical skills paired with the ability to visualize complex information.
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point) and Teams/SharePoint, including development and use of templates and document properties.
- Advanced financial skills with regards to creating budgets and project timelines and excellent knowledge of Microsoft Excel (macros, pivot tables, and complex financial models).
This job description provides many examples of the types of responsibilities required but is not intended to be a comprehensive list. The incumbent will complete other job responsibilities as needed which are not specifically described in this document.
P97’s employees are recognized as a thought leader by peers, customers, and others in the industry with a respected reputation both internally and externally. If you want to be the newest member of a vibrant group of technology leaders in an innovative and entrepreneurial environment, then apply online today to start building solutions that customers will love to use and join a company that truly rewards your hard work and values your talented contributions. For a complete list of our open positions, please visit our website at www.P97.com and career center at Careers At P97 | Paylocity - P97 Networks.
P97 rewards your hard work with a competitive compensation plan, sponsored sports opportunities, a fun working environment, complementary catered lunches twice a week with a stocked kitchen the rest of the time, access to an on-site fitness facility, and amazing opportunities for career growth and personal development.
P97 is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
P97 Networks, Inc. will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
No calls or agencies please.
Please note, relocation assistance will not be provided for this position. We thank all respondents for their interest in P97 however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.