Founded by mathematicians and cyber defense experts in 2013, Darktrace is a global leader in cyber security AI, delivering complete AI-powered solutions in its mission to free the world of cyber disruption. We protect more than 8,400 customers from the world’s most complex threats, including ransomware, cloud, and SaaS attacks.
Our roots lie deep in innovation. The Darktrace AI Research Centre based in Cambridge, UK, has conducted research establishing new thresholds in cyber security, with technology innovations backed by over 130 patents and pending applications. The company’s European R&D center is located in The Hague, Netherlands.
Headquartered in Cambridge, UK, Darktrace has more than 2,400 employees located globally. Customers include public sector agencies, education institutions, media, organizations supplying critical infrastructure, and businesses of all sizes worldwide.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a fast-growing company, named one of TIME magazine’s
“Most Influential Companies” for 2021 and one of Fast Company’s
“Most Innovative AI Companies” in 2022. For more information on our cutting-edge technology, visit darktrace.com.About The Role
As the Director of the Worldwide Deal Desk, you will build and lead a team that will serve as the first point of contact for the Field, for complex and non-standard deals.
Reporting to the SVP of Revenue Operations, this highly visible leader will work closely with all levels of Sales, Leadership and the Executive team to facilitate and reinforce the deal flow and approval process.Key Duties & Responsibilities
Qualifications & Experience
- Build and lead a world class Deal Desk that boosts revenue by reinforcing Darktrace’s contract and pricing policies while still meeting customer needs.
- Collaborate with Sales to analyze deal structures and develop deal strategy, applying a customer-centric mindset and ensuring alignment with overall company goals. Where necessary, participate in deal reviews with Sales Leadership to help drive Account-Level deal strategy.
- Equip our sales teams to navigate complex deals by providing training and guidance on pricing strategies, contract negotiations, and deal desk processes.
- Be a Sales and Darktrace advocate when partnering with Finance, Legal, Sales Operations and other teams to review deal approvals and implement best-in-class processes.
- Evaluate and mitigate legal, financial, and operational deal risks, ensuring compliance with company policies and legal requirements.
- Provide senior leadership with visibility to deal economics, average discounts, commercial terms and conditions, and other deal metrics. Produce standard dashboards and operational reports to gauge health of the business and workload drivers.
- Become an expert on Darktrace’s CPQ tool and drive incremental improvements aimed at driving ease of use and efficiency.
- Enable and coach your team to partner with the field sales organization to drive large deal closure, with the ability to be a singular resource, liaising with other organizations involved in the contract process (finance, legal, order management, etc.) on behalf of sales. Personally serve as a trusted advisor to field sales on deals.
- 8+ years of relevant Deals Desk/Finance experience working in Enterprise software/SaaS industry.
- Previous experience must include leading and managing a distributed Deal Desk function, advising on complex deal structuring and booking/revenue recognition implications.
- High level of proficiency in Salesforce/CPQ+ is a must, with a preference for experience in building out a CPQ+ instance.
- Strong disposition to execution and self-driven to solve problems with thoughtful solutions.
- Excellent communicator. Excels at creating strong relationships across various departments and speaks “their language.” Must be comfortable engaging and collaborating at the Sr Leadership and Executive level.
- Must have a learning mindset. Challenge the status quo with the goal of bringing in new innovative ideas and improving upon programs and processes.
100% medical, dental and vision insurance, plus dependents
Paid parental leave