Coursera was launched in 2012 by two Stanford Computer Science professors, Andrew Ng and Daphne Koller, with a mission to provide universal access to world-class learning. It is now one of the largest online learning platforms in the world, with 142 million registered learners as of December 31, 2023.
Coursera partners with over 325 leading university and industry partners to offer a broad catalog of content and credentials, including courses, Specializations, Professional Certificates, Guided Projects, and bachelor’s and master’s degrees. Institutions around the world use Coursera to upskill and reskill their employees, citizens, and students in fields such as data science, technology, and business. Coursera became a B Corp in February 2021.
Join us in our mission to create a world where anyone, anywhere can transform their life through access to education. We're seeking talented individuals who share our passion and drive to revolutionize the way the world learns.
We at Coursera are committed to building a globally diverse team and are thrilled to extend employment opportunities to individuals in any country where we have a legal entity. We require candidates to possess eligible working rights and have a compatible timezone overlap with their team to facilitate seamless collaboration. As a remote-first company, our interviews and onboarding are entirely virtual, providing a smooth and efficient experience for our candidates.
We are looking for a Chief of Staff- Chief Revenue Officer (CRO) to join our team.
At Coursera, we work in a highly dynamic industry, and we’ve experienced significant growth and change in the last few years. As we enter the next phase of our evolution - focused on driving business results and continued growth through rigor and efficiency - we need a highly qualified Chief of Staff to work closely with our executive team. From day one, the Chief of Staff will have an immediate impact on our ability to focus on the right work, streamlining alignment and commitment, overseeing resource allocation and budgeting, and communicating objectives between departments. The ideal candidate will have proven experience in a business management role, with a special focus on executive-level advising and interdepartmental collaboration.
- Drive alignment within the CRO’s leadership team to (a) understand business growth goals, (b) map goals to clear functional action plans, (c) capture XFN commitment and resource allocation to those plans, (d) measure and report out on progress ongoing, raising risks and opportunities to adjust along the way
- Oversee strategic business initiatives and transformational efforts from development through successful execution under the guidance of senior leadership and departmental heads
- Support and executives in decision-making, program management, and initiative implementation, ensuring constant connection to bigger picture strategy throughout all execution
- Review, design, and execute on improvements to org structure, supporting ability to execute on commitments and employee engagement
- Drive and improve the cadence of the organization, including the “CRO toolkit” with systems and processes that enables CRO to effectively and efficiently manage their large team with continuous visibility into results and impact
- Interface with Revenue Operations, FPA, and GM to understand financial forecasts, models and P&L quickly and effectively; explain key points, reducing complexity, and make actionable recommendations to CRO
- Develop analysis-based narratives that describe the state of the business and help executives, Board of Directors, and other senior leaders understand risks and opportunities; create polished supporting artifacts to drive these discussions
- Partner with executive-enabling function - People, Finance, Administration - to drive CRO’s strategic change and improvement initiatives org-wide
- Structure and drive to completion complex, ambiguous strategic initiatives, steering large, cross-functional projects and building consensus with senior leadership across the organization
- Be a thought partner to the CRO in identifying and structuring opportunities to drive growth and leverage across the business
- 7+ years in a business or executive management role
- In-depth experience related to running revenue organizations - e.g. consulting, Corporate Strategy, Business Operations, FPA, Revenue Operations, etc.
- Excellent communicator in written and verbal form
- Proven experience organizing and directing multiple teams and departments
- Proven track record in validating financials and having a data-driven approach to complex revenue-related challenges
- Extremely versatile, dedicated to efficient productivity
- Experience defining, planning, and leading strategic initiatives
- Master’s degree in Business Administration or similar field
- Experience with data analysis
- Experience with budget management
- Consulting experience with a focus on operations management
- Proven success in a project management role
- Nimble business mind with a focus on developing creative solutions
Strong project reporting skills, with a focus on interdepartmental communication
Our job titles may span more than one career level. The base pay for this role is around $190,000 . The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as: training, transferable skills, work experience, business needs, and location. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. This role may also be eligible for bonus, equity, and benefits.
If this opportunity interests you, you might like these courses on Coursera:
- Designing the Future of Work,
- Digital Transformation
Coursera is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected class.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, please contact us at email@example.com.